Ending Beam Up in City on Edge if Forever

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by I am Nomad, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Commander Luskeen

Commander Luskeen Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Why talk to him? Just zap him with the phaser and take him back to the ship and keep him unconscious until the drug wears off

2. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    What if he goes to the top of a precipice and threatens to jump? Zapping him will just make him fall to his death. He might need to be talked down.

Besides, if your friend were ill, would you not want to go help?

You know how it is. They want the main characters in the scene, and then it's up to us to come up with some justification of why they are actually there. In the real world, men in white coats would have been called in. And the friends would be waiting in anticipation. :)

3. Commander Luskeen

Commander Luskeen Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Realistically Scotty should never leave the ship except on shore leave. Why risk your chief engineer on some minor mission like in Catspaw? Bringing a doctor and scientist make sense but not the guy most important to running the ship

4. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    Well, you never know when you might bump in to an abandoned time machine and need an engineer's advice on how it works. Oh wait, they didn't really ask him much about it, did they? I think you are right then. :)

Commander Luskeen likes this.