Eccles. in Amelia; Tennant in Masterpiece Th.

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by 23skidoo, Oct 23, 2009.

1. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Pardon the abbreviations but the subject line was getting too long.

For those hoping Chris Eccleston had something a bit more substantial in his post-Who career than GI Joe, he's apparently co-starring in the new Amelia Earhart film with Hilary Swank (probably old news, but it's news to me). And I guess the film is out today.

And my understanding is David Tennant is supposed to start his gig as host of Masterpiece Theatre (or, rather, Masterpiece Contemporary) this weekend, I think on Sunday.

Alex

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I've been highly anticipating Amelia so naturally I already knew Eccleston is in it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see it for awhile. :(

As Tennant in Masterpiece Theater, does anyone know what story he's in? It's not Poirot, is it?

3. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Do you mean Tennant is about to start shooting his Masterpiece gig on Sunday, or it'll air this weekend?

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Amelia has been getting rotten reviews all over which is a bit unfortunate. The Trailer didn't look too bad and it actually looked like they were trying for award shows with that movie.

5. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hillary Swank is a pretty suck actress in my opinion. I wish Eccles would land something meaty and worthy of his abilities...

6. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From what I gather from the OP, he's not starring in a story but rather hosting the series/program, I imagine much like what Laura Linney did recently.

7. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yup...I just saw a promo on my local PBS station with Tennant doing the VO for this Sunday night's episode. There were shots of him against a white background talking up the movie...one about Nelson Mandela (the title escapes me at the moment)...looked interesting. I might watch if I get home in time Sun night...

8. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

D'oh! I completely missed the word "host" when I read through that paragraph. That'll teach me to speed read. :p :o

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Probably the most notable thing about Amelia is that it has Eccleston sharing a movie with Ewan McGregor for the first time since Shallow Grave. (Despite rumours at the time that he was playing the younger Governor Tarkin at the end of Revenge of The Sith).

11. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Having said that, I seem to recall that when Diana Rigg hosted the show they managed to sneak her into one of the productions. And wasn't Gillian Anderson's Bleak House one of the shows aired during her tenure as host?

Although it's called Masterpiece Contemporary it would be the perfect venue for showing Tennant's Hamlet film.

Alex