Earth-Romulan War 2D Artwork

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by uniderth, Mar 1, 2009.

1. uniderth

uniderth Commodore Commodore

The T-bar design was a progression from a design revision of the Enterprise uniform.

Now keep in mind these images are just to illustrate the design progression, they aren't intended to represent "in universe" uniform designs.

The T-bar was based on the Enterprise uniform:
    [​IMG]

I thought the design could use a bit more color so I added these torso bars.

[​IMG]

I ended up removing the shoulder bars because we've has so many years of shoulder patterns with TNG era Trek, and I wanted something different. With the lack of shoulder bars I thickened the torso lines.
    [​IMG]

It just seemed natural to bring the two sides together in the middle. With this revision the "I-bar" was born.
    [​IMG]

This next revision came along just to bring variety I suppose.
    [​IMG]

I can't recall what form the uniform was in before this next revision. It could have been a jumpsuit or something else. However, I really like the Movie Era designs, so I created a variety of based off the "Monster Maroons." With the jacket the lower bar got in the way. It seemed useless to have a skinny little bar along the bottom of the jacket. Thus the lower bar was removed and the design became the "T-bar." I also decided to outline the bar in black rather then have a colored bar on the jacket.
    [​IMG]

So that's the story. Now that I've been thinking I'm going to do another revision. I want it to look a bit more futuristic. I think I'm going to take some design ques from the movie "Oblivion." I really like that design.

2. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The artwork is great, but the "T-Bar" on those "terrans" kinda reminds me of something. ;)