Early 80s TOS VHS Tapes

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Joanna McCoy-Kirk, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

You have many formats I don't have, but apparently I have one you don't have: an 8-track tape cartridge of the TMP soundtrack album, circa 1980. I think it's one of the most recently produced 8-tracks I own (along with Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I). As was often done to prevent having to split a track across the division between "programs," one or two tracks are repeated (not consecutively) to equalize the length of the four programs, in this case "Spock Walk" and perhaps one other - it's been a while since I looked at or heard it.

Being a George Duning fan, I also have the Paramount individual-episode VHS tapes of "Is There in Truth No Beauty?" and "The Empath," purchased around 1990.

I wasn't aware (or had forgotten) that there was a VHS release of TMP that preceded the "Special Longer Version." (My GF at the time watched the network broadcast of the SLV with me in early 1983 and basically went "Huh?" at the end. We're still friends though.)

Therin of Andor likes this.
  2. 1001001

1001001 Pull Up a Groove and Get Fabulous! Moderator

First, welcome to the board.

Second, please take some time to review the rules for posting on this website, pinned at the top of this forum.

This thread has been dead for 8 years. Let’s let it rest, shall we?

Thanks

donman7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.