E-Book Pricing Alerts

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

I concur.

Corran Horn likes this.
  2. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Typhon Pact: Brinkmanship by Una McCormack is $9.99, down from $15.99. Does anybody know if this is a permanent price drop?

3. youngtrek

youngtrek Commander Red Shirt

Anyone happen to know if there is a way to submit recommendations/requests for future months sales? I would like to recommend the “Slings and Arrows” six ebook series (which I would like to have but not at $6.99 each).

—David Young
    Brandon, Florida

Corran Horn likes this.
  4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Sorry, I don't know... otherwise I would be using it frequently! :lol:

Looks like these were on sale back in October of 2016 (back when the sales were $1.99 instead of $0.99). It's been over five years; maybe they will come up again!

I'd like to see the final group of SCE novellas go on sale someday, too...

5. youngtrek

Thanks. I certainly don’t want to start any debate again about the merits of eBooks versus print ones (I read both). However, I can say that one benefit of print books is being able to find and buy used ones years after they are no longer available to purchase new, and also to be able to check out from a public library. Books that are only available in eBook format you can’t do either of those two things, obviously.

—David Young
    Brandon, Florida

6. Avro Arrow

This one is actually possible, so it might just be your library system that doesn't do it. I've checked out a number of ebooks from my library through Overdrive.

7. youngtrek

Actually, yes, I did know that. I’ve checked out many an eBook that way. Unfortunately, when I request that my public library add eBooks that they don’t already have copies of to their OverDrive library I have much less of a success rate than when I request them to add print copies of stuff they don’t have. (It’s two separate requests forms.)

But one thing you *can’t* (as far as I can tell) do is check out eBooks via interlibrary loan like you can print ones (sent from one library system to another through the mail). If your library system doesn’t have the eBook (an exclusively eBook one like the Slings and Arrows), I can’t say to them, hey, Boston Public has it. Can you get them to check it out to me (like I could a print copy; I’ve got a print copy of The Star Wars Archives: Episodes IV-VI, 1977-1983 loaned out to me from a public library system in Washington state via the local Tampa, Florida public library system).

—David Young
    Brandon, Florida

Avro Arrow and Daddy Todd like this.
  8. Koric

Koric Commander Red Shirt

Hey all,

Some NEW TREK DEALS on ebooks on Amazon up now.

I am assuming for the month of April 2022, but the regular Trek ebook page is not updated yet.

https://www.simonandschuster.com/p/star-trek-ebook-deals

March’s deals end April 3, 2022...don’t forget.

NEW TREK DEALS (PARTIALLY) for April 2022 at .99 cents:

UPDATED LIST: PRICES ARE GOOD UNTIL MAY 2 2022

ST TNG #60: Tooth and Claw
    ST TOS #81: Mudd in your Eye
    ST TNG First Contact regular novelization (NOT YA version)
    ST TOS #63: Shell Game
    ST TOS #45: Double Double
    ST DS9 #32 Vengeance
    ST TNG #21 Chain of Command
    ST ENT: By The Book

IT’s the middle of the night and I will check again and update later.

Happy non April Fool’s Day everyone.
    Please stay safe and well to every one and all the forums.
    -Koric

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  9. Smiley

Of those five, the one I'd recommend (and the one I bought) is Double, Double. Friedman's writing is always at least serviceable, and I have a soft spot for robots, duplicates, and the episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"

Koric likes this.
  10. Avro Arrow

Nice to see a focus on the numbered novels! Although to be honest, I don't really have much of a recollection of any of those titles, so I can't really offer an opinion on their quality.

Koric likes this.
  11. AygoSquirrel

AygoSquirrel Ensign Red Shirt

The Kobo Canada store has mostly the same books on sale, but ST TNG First Contact isn't on sale at least so far. However the following books are also on sale in the Canadian Kobo store
    ST DS9 #32 Vengeance
    ST TNG #21 Chain of Command
    ST Ent By The Book
    And ST Discovery Die Standing is still on sale

12. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Those are
    Those are also on sale on Amazon in the USA, but didn't show up when I queried and sorted by price :shrug:. Thanks!

Koric and Smiley like this.
  13. Smiley

The Amazon database that is used in the "Sort: Price: Low to High" feature generally does not pull the discounted prices but something closer to the list price. For the titles I really care about, I have them on my wish list and can run a search for "dropped" once the list is loaded.

Koric and Daddy Todd like this.
  14. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

15. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

That's because they are all part of April's eBook deals.

16. Koric

Koric Commander Red Shirt

Updated my post to reflect the added titles. April’s TREK deals are good until 5/2/2022. Just FYI. Thanks to @AygoSquirrel for the heads up,

Also ST TOS:Weight of Worlds by @Greg Cox
    And ST TOS THE LOST YEARS are both $1.99
    Old discounts I know, but just heads up. Any Trek book by Greg Cox is highly recommended.

Just FYI... The First Contact novelization ebook is missing the DIAGRAMS of the Enterprise E design and the Phoenix in the making of section, which is STRANGE since the GENERATIONS novelization has the Sketches and Designs of the Enterprise B and the changes to the Excelsior design in the ebook. Minor quibble but it’s worth noting that it is not complete.

Enjoy.
    -Koric

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Avro Arrow likes this.
  17. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

I love seeing some of the older numbered books go on sale, and hope we see more of that in the future. There's a huge backlog that hasn't seen sales yet. Others I hope to see are the A time to....books, some of the SCE books, and maybe some of the out of universe books we have seen them do (the craft book was a cool one)

18. DrBeverly

DrBeverly Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Frustrating that many of these either aren't available in the UK at all, or aren't reduced in line with the discounts.

19. DeepSpaceYorks

DeepSpaceYorks Commander Red Shirt

20. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

^Possibly a rights issue due to them being published via Titan Books originally?