E-Book Pricing Alerts

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm seeing The Weight of Worlds, A Choice of Catastrophes, and Shadows on the Sun for $1.99. I am not sure if that is their regular price or if they are part of February's promotion. Warpath and The Lost Years remain at their $1.99 price.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pretty underwhelming month if that's all there is.

3. Smiley

We are technically still in January until something like Feb. 4th on their promotional cycle, so there could easily be others out there. I was just looking on Amazon's site, which is sometimes the last to update anyway.

BillJ likes this.
  4. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel like those have been at that price for a while. Like over a month.

5. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, all three of those have been $1.99 for over two years straight.

Corran Horn and historypeats like this.
  6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got Shadows on the Sun for $1.99 quite a while back, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it.

Corran Horn likes this.
  7. DeepSpaceYorks

DeepSpaceYorks Commander Red Shirt

I don't normally read TNG but I'm tempted by Cold Equations. Is it good?

8. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

^^ I read Cold Equations when first published and, to be honest, I can't remember much about them. I wasn't disappointed in them, but I do recall thinking Immortal Coil (the book that Cold Equations is a kind of sequel to) was better.

Coincidental, perhaps, to episode 2 of Picard, Amazon UK have Asimov's "I, Robot" (and the original Foundation trilogy) on offer today only.

DeepSpaceYorks likes this.
  9. 2of1million

2of1million Captain Captain

Humblebundle.com has a Star Trek comic book bundle now. I bought the whole bunch for $15.

DrCorby likes this.
  10. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Two of its three volumes made the New York Times bestseller list, so there's that to consider. :)

11. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Not sure what the sale for February is yet (or if there's even going to be one?) However...

Currently on both the Canadian Kobo site and the Canadian Amazon site, the ebook version of Star Trek: Picard: The Last Best Hope is available for pre-order for C$3.99.

[​IMG]

Corran Horn likes this.
  12. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

There’s no longer a link to the sales page at startrekbooks.com. Looking like this is the end of the road for the sales...

13. 2of1million

2of1million Captain Captain

I wasn’t going to get the Picard book at regular price. But for $3.99 yes I pre-ordered it.

Yeah looks to me like no other sales. Sad but at least I have lots of star trek e-books to read.

14. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

All good things ....

I'd like to thank everyone involved for the past few years of monthly sales, it's been great and bolstered my book collection. I'm sure we will see more sales even if they aren't monthly. Til than, plenty of other books out there, even if I'm only picking up one or two Trek books a month.

15. DeepSpaceYorks

Seems a real shame to bring the sales to an end and just as the Trek profile is higher than its been for years. Still, I've got a massive backlog of books to catch up on. :)

Corran Horn and BillJ like this.
  16. Smiley

Perhaps S&S/Pocket want to see what people will buy at regular price during the first season of Picard and then reintroduce the sales if they feel it is warranted.

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Sales that Simon & Schuster are going to lose. I imagine, that a lot of folks will simply go back to buying older books used at places like Half-Price Books for two or three bucks, versus paying six to ten dollars for digital versions on places like Amazon.

18. DeepSpaceYorks

I love my Star Trek books but I just ain't gonna buy a single one at £6.99 or whatever. However, I will more than happily spend £7 pounds on seven books. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I'm not complaining and I'm definitely not angry, that's just how it is.

BillJ likes this.
  19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sad to the see sales ending, but I'm not surprised, they lasted a lot longer than I expected.

Corran Horn likes this.
  20. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I seem to recall the sales have taken a multi-month hiatus once before? If I'm remembering correctly, then they obviously returned after that break, and so may return again in the future. :)