DS9 - The Long Mirage by David R. George III pre-release thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterprise1701, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Here's a dedicated thread to discuss David R. George III's upcoming The Long Mirage, which follows up on the plot threads from Plagues of Night, Raise the Dawn, Revelation and Dust, Sacraments of Fire, and Ascendance. With any luck, the cover should be out in the next month.

Markonian likes this.
  2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've wonder how the story will be continued in the book and the cover art will look like.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  3. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I'm wondering if Sisko will be in this book at all.

4. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

They're sticking with "a wormhole" in the blurb then.

5. Reanok

I hope Sisko is in the story and appears longer than a few chapters like the last book did.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

After Revelation and Dust, and the overall reaction to his last couple DS9 books I'm not quite as excited about more DRGIII DS9 as I would have been a few years ago.

jaime, DS9Continuing and Brefugee like this.
  7. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

My current guess is that he will minimally appear in this book as a prelude to the next one, which will probably be about the Gamma Quadrant exploration hinted at in Peaceable Kingdoms.

8. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I'm looking forward to this. I like DRGIII's DS9 books.

9. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Yeah. Ascendance was worth the buildup, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the rest of his plot threads he's been setting up will end up heading.

10. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Yeah I'm really looking forwRd to this one. The novel with O'Brien, Maxeell & Nog was a pretty bad miss.

11. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I disagree. With the main DS9 narrative taking place in DRG3's DS9 novels, the side pieces by Una McCormack (The Missing) and Jeff Lang (Force and Motion), in my opinion, have been great. I like when you have a few novels that deal with things that aren't quite so universe shattering. It also gives me hope that maybe another author will pick up the Sisko-slack if DRG3 doesn't get to him in the next few novels. Of course, I'll read as much DS9 as they choose to publish :techman:

Jinn likes this.
  12. tomswift2002

Yeah I would definitely have to disagree with there, since I found that Force And Motion was heading down the same road as The Laertian Gamble and things were just starting to get overly silly.

13. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Took a long break from TrekLit (yet again) after Ascendance. While I think that book wrapped up a few things neatly, and I'm glad to be out of a little bit of the rut the DS9 line had been in, I must say that I'm about ready to see someone other than DRGIII at the helm of the DS9 books for a while. I found The Missing scratched a particular itch for a good old-fashioned DS9 story. I've not been able to work up the energy for Force and Motion after Ascendance.

I miss having Sisko in the books on a consistent basis that isn't just him vowing to explore the Gamma Quadrant, and I'm not very fond of the arc Ro seems set to take going forward. Still, I found Ascendance to be pretty strong, if too neatly tied-up in a bow. I don't know. Maybe this one will change my mind?

14. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

15. Reanok

Nice cover art I really like this artwork.

16. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, that'll do. Nice.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a really nice cover.

18. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quite different from the last DS9 novels. It will be nice to have some more Kira again. And I do hope we finally find out what was going on with Morn.

19. tomswift2002

Interesting cover. And I really want to see where Kira's story is headed.

20. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I like the concept of that cover, the execution though is pretty rubbish, hopefully it's not the final version, having the low res versions of Kira and Quark there with the high res everything else is jarring.

jaime likes this.