Drinking the Pickle Juice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ThankQ, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always drink the milk that's left. To throw it away would be a waste.

Simple logic, really: milk is good; cereal is good; therefore how could milk that's had cereal not be good?

2. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

"I don't understand fruitcake. It doesn't make sense. Fruit, good. Cake, great. Fruitcake, nasty crap."

3. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

:lol:Yup, I like pickle juice too...

Anyone tried Lay's Dill Pickle chips? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmm...:techman:

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Odd, schmod - that's not a concern I have. As ManOnTheWave said, though, whether to drink or not drink depends on the pickle and the type of brine used to make it.

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Lay's are good. I prefer Husman's. They're much zingier and jaw lockingly good.

6. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

Say what? There's another brand of Dill Pickle chips? Is that a local brand? We don't got that 'round hurr....To my knowledge...:wtf:

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Oh, yes. Husman's is well known where I live (I'm not sure where you live). I've had the Lay's but the Husman's are, bar none, the best tasting pickle chip.

http://www.husmans.com/productdetail.php?cat=original#husVlasicDill

8. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Pickle juice is good for hangovers and I like to drink it.

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Nathan's Famous has delicious pickle juice. Good pickles, too!

10. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

I used to make salad dressing with it... would never just drink it though. Eep

11. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have often been tempted to drink the brine that my stuffed spanish olives come in. I eat them like candy out of the jar and as I eat them there's always a ton of brine between myself and the olives. Part of me thinks it'd be gross though.

As for the milk, I usually only drink the left over when I've had a chocolate cereal like Cocoa Puffs....because hey, chocolate milk. However, something like Honey Nut Cherrios, it's down the drain.

12. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I've occasionally drunk olive juice, too - I don't know what I was thinking the first time, other than being idly curious. To the best of my recollection, I've never drunk pickle juice, though. (And I've never had a martini, dirty or otherwise.)

As for the cheese and mustard thing, when I was young, and my father made my lunch for school, he would occasionally give me cheese and mustard. I never really cared for it that much, though.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Olives? Forget it. Can't stand the smegging things. I won't eat anything where olives are involved, whether it be actual olives, olive juice, pizza with olives, or whatever the hell.

Cheese and mustard, though...I'm down with that. :drool:

14. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I used to take Triscuits and put a little piece of parmesan cheese and an olive on each one. Delicious.

15. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    When I could drink milk (I became lactose intolerant in my late teens), I would never outright drink the milk left in the bowl, but would instead keep adding a few pieces of cereal and spooning them up until the milk was gone.

A nowadays snack is wrapping a slice of salami around an olive and shotgun it.
    My wife found some olives in the deli section of the grocery a few weeks ago, they were soaked with pieces of artichoke and they were amazing!

16. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

:beer:Thanks...

17. 24thcenstfan

24thcenstfan Commander Red Shirt

Not a fan of the pickle juice, but if it floats your boat...

I like salt and vinegar chips, so I'm not surprised a strong pickle juice flavor would be appealing to some.

18. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I like to drink Clausen's dill pickle juice once in a while. Of course, I also like to put sour cream & cheez wiz on a Clausen pickle, so there's no accounting for taste.

When I was younger (80's), I used to dip potato chips in Vlasic dill pickle juice. Then in the 90's I saw a brand of dill pickle flavored potato chips. They were really, fairly close to the taste, but I couldn't eat a lot of them.

So technically, I invented dill pickles flavored potato chips ;)

Also the internet (not that Al Gore guy).

19. ByrdMan

ByrdMan Commodore Commodore

I always add a shot of pickle juice when making a Bloody Mary.

20. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm Polish so pickles are one of my five good groups, that said, I'm not into drinking the juice.