"Double Helix", Any Good?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by BillJ, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I recall thinking they varied between very average and poor, but it was quite a long time ago...

2. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's my feeling too. I was interested in this series because I thought the concept was pretty fun with all the various cross overs. Unfortunately I felt the idea was better than the execution. The only one that stands out to me is Red Sector because I really really disliked it. There are handful of Star Trek books where I just can't stand them and Red Sector is one of them. Maybe the Peter David New Frontiers book was the best of the bunch.

And yeah, unfortunately Diane Carey wrote a pretty good sized chunk of those books I just think are bad. I don't mind when she's writing a TOS book, as long as I can put the Kirk worship aside, but when she gets into other series it's pretty obvious she just doesn't like them. I'm glad the only 2 books left I have to read by Carey are both TOS: The Great Starship Race and The First Frontier. Both sound fun.

Kilana2 likes this.
  3. dauntless

dauntless Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Same here, but I do recall that the DH NF book (and the Captain's Table Calhoun book) are two of the best.