Dominion vs. Borg - who is scarier, who would win?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by kakashi76767, Jun 23, 2007.

1. kakashi76767

kakashi76767 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

hey here is a thought about scariness - SPEED. ever wonder why the first Scream movie worked so well? its because the bad guys actually RAN at their foes, as compared to jason and michael myers, who walked/lumbered. and thats one big difference between the the jem'hadar and the borg. (i know the borg eventually moved faster but not by much.) the other factor is cunning. the jem'hadar could anticipate what their enemies would do next - the borg relyed on probabilities but lacked creativity, thus giving enemies a chance to outthink them. so, i think the Jem'Hadar were scarier, but if the 2 sides went to war with no outside help, i would have to say the borg would have a slight tactical edge in a war that could last millenium. :borg:

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Scarier - the loss of individuality - at least to me - is more frightening than death.

Winner - The Borg could assimilate the Jem'Hadar so they have an edge, plus they can adapt to the weapons.

3. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Agree. Adaptation is the key. If the Borg couldn't adapt to other's weapons, they'd be overwhelmed by the Dominion or even SF.

4. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

I say Dominion would win. Dominion is much smarter, more discreet and more cunning. The Dominion has stealth and alliance-making tactics at is disposal, the Borg does not.

Additionally, the Great Link has the equivalent of millions of un-assimilatable, T-1000 Terminators in it. They just need to start utilizing that potential for once to cause mass havoc instead of relying on Jemmy cattle. All those Terminator Founders could cut down the Borg very easily. :thumbsup:

5. The_Emperor

The_Emperor Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

...until they're shot. Just because they look like the T-1000, it doesn't mean they're anywhere near as tough. They're not particularly resistant to phaser fire, and die just like everyone else when shot by a phaser or disruptor. And the Founders aren't about to throw themselves into the meat grinder as cannon fodder. Nevermind that there are nowhere near enough Founders to deal with the neverending number of Borg.

Besides, it wouldn't take long for the Borg to adapt defenses to most of what the Founders could do. Yeah, the Founders could make bladed weapons like the T-1000. Big deal. See how far you get against the Borg by picking a knife fight with them. Saying the Borg can't take the Founders because they've got knives is like saying they can't take a medieval society cause everyone's packing a sword. They'll either start making Borg which're more resistant to bladed weapons, or much more simply, they'll just start putting up force fields to protect themselves against any attack levelled against them, from energy weapons to bladed weapons.

And the Borg will eventually figure out how to detect a shapeshifted Founder. Doesn't matter, though, as a Founder shapeshifted into a Borg isn't about to fool them. A Founder could make himself look like a Borg, but his body can't replicate all the various bionic implants built into each Borg.

Point is, Founders aren't unstoppable killing machines. If that were the case then they wouldn't bother trying to sabotage enemy bases and ships. They'd just drop into the middle of a room like the Predator and kill everyone barehanded. That they have to resort to sabotage to accomplish their goals against humans and the like says pretty much all you need to know how they'd fare against something like the Borg.

As for Jem'Hadar, they'd fare about as well as the Klingons. And I recall seeing a couple Klingon Borg in First Contact, so my guess is, they don't fare to well at all.

The damn shame of it, though, is that before Voyager, I used to think the Borg were the be-all and end-all of Star Trek threats. *sigh* Thank you, Voyager, for ruining quite possibly the best villains in Star Trek history. :(

6. Tralis

Tralis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TNG Borg: Close call. The Dominion would probably unite with other races for the win, but without alliances, Borg probably would win.

VOY Borg: The Jem'Hadar would sneeze. The Borg would die. End of story.

7. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pre-VOY: Borg would win
    Post-VOY: Dominion would dominate

8. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

I knew letting the Borg watch Oprah and Oxygen would lead to their pussification. What's next Ferengar blunts a Borg invasion or even the lalapoozas from "Justice".

9. Robert Treat

Robert Treat Commander Red Shirt

I wonder what Jem'hadar would be like if assimilated. Would they still need ketracel white? On the other hand , could a shapeshifter morph into a Borg Queen?

10. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

^That could be scary...
    "We are Borg... Victory is LIFE!" :wtf:

11. USS Fardell

USS Fardell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

An encounter

"We are the Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile"

"We serve the Founders, obedience brings victory, Victory is Life!"

"The Founders are irrelevant, victory is irrelevent, resistance is futile"

12. Judas Ascendant

Judas Ascendant Commodore Commodore

The Borg couldn't even handle a murder of rabid Tribbles.

:confused:

That's right. I call a group of Tribbles a murder....