Does Robert Picardo Actually Sing????

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by pimp, Dec 20, 2008.

1. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

Hello

I want to know if it was actually Robert Picardo as the Doctor who sang and not someone else singing for him.

Thanks

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, it was. IIRC, Picardo considered becoming a singer before he decided on acting.

3. pimp

pimp Commander Red Shirt

OK, i always thought it was him singing but on one of the episodes where he goes up on stage and sings to an audience it seems like another person is singing for him.

4. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Slightly OT, but I'd never seen that movie, "Legend," before; and last night I happened to catch the very end of it and noticed Robert Picardo is in the credits. The movie was made in 1985. He plays a character, called "Meg." Did anybody see him in that? How was he, and did he have hair?

5. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen Robert Picardo singing at a convention a few years ago, so I am sure that he wasn't dubbed in the Voyager episodes.

6. Shatmandu

Shatmandu Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe that was opera, which required dubbing. But he is a singer.

Joe, froggy

7. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

I wouldnt doubt if it was actually him singing but not on the set. Meaning that he recorded it in a studio so it sounded good and then acted the singing on the set of Voyager and they dubbed him in over himself...

8. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've heard him singing at a con too, belted it out with gusto and it seemed to be part of his regular convention repertoire.

9. INACTIVESamusAranX

INACTIVESamusAranX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, contrary to popular belief, before and during his days of fame as a member of N'Sync, Justin Timberlake provided the singing voice for The Doctor's singing scenes in Star Trek: Voyager.

10. AuntKate

AuntKate Commodore Commodore

He sings. I think that was his voice with Jeri Ryan whenever they sang together; I think it was his voice in "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy," too. However, I heard him say at a convention that it wasn't his voice during "Virtuoso," because they wanted a tenor.

11. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Yeah, when he came to NZ he sang a couple of songs here. He actually has a great voice.

Tim Russ sang a really funny song too, but then again that guy was hilarious the moment he came on stage.

12. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

In his duets with Seven, it was him doing all the singing, I am sure that he did all his own singing parts, he does have a really good voice. The song
    "You are my Sunshine" with Seven he knows how to put passion into even a simple little song like that, he does opera also...

13. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He had/has a cd out. I have it, so I know it's real.

At Galaxy Ball 2001, there was a lot of singing at the dinner--Picardo, Beltran, Phillips played the sax, the whole group sang, Tim Russ' band played and was selling a cd earlier that day (Hubby said that if he had known he would like the music that much, he would've bought the cd).

They are an amazingly musical bunch.

14. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. cyph

cyph Captain Captain

So... was it Jeri Ryan's voice too when seven sang?

16. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, Jeri sings beautifully. I'm thinking she probably sang for her Miss Illinois pageant, which she won in 1990. I posted this in the occular implant thread earlier, but...

Memory Alpha has a clip of her singing "It Can't Be Wrong," at their episode page: Memory Alpha -- VOY:Killing Game

Here is a direct link: audio

17. cyph

cyph Captain Captain

Yeah, I watched that episode last week. I would have liked to seen her in "character mode" for longer...

18. B_L_T

B_L_T Lieutenant Red Shirt

Robert Picardo sings beautful. I have cd and see him at convention, he sing there too.

19. philbor

philbor Cadet Newbie

Meg was the bog witch. who sprang from the bog and threatened to eat Jack. he beheads her. You cant see his hair because he's in heavy makeup. you can see Robert with a full head of hair in gremlins 2.

20. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The what now?

He's a Chucky Cheese robot.