Does Avengers: Endgame credits say "The Avengers Will Return"? (Spoilers?)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Sgt. Sacrament, May 4, 2019.

1. Sgt. Sacrament

Sgt. Sacrament Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sorry for the dumb question. I just took my nephews to see Endgame, but we didn't sit through the credits, since there aren't any credit scenes, just a sound apparently. On the way home they asked if it said during the credits, "The Avengers Will Return." I searched on line and some people say that it doesn't say that at all, others say that it does say, "The Avengers Will Return," and others say it says, "The New Avengers Will Return." Knowing how sometimes various prints/versions get out, it is possible that two or even all three may be true depending on the print you saw.

Can someone answer this definitively?

BTW, obviously The Avengers WILL return, several more times, when the film has hit $2 Billion in two weekends, of course. The question is about the text in the credits.

Thanks!

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It doesn't, at least it didn't when I saw it.
    Somebody in another thread told me that they've said that they'll be taking a break from the big Avengers team up movies and will focus on just the solo movies for a while.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No. This was called Endgame for a reason. It was designed to be a finale for the Avengers saga preceding it, so it didn't tease any future films.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

No "Avengers will return" or in-credits tease for any future films. This closed the book on the original MCU lead characters, and the kind of team/feel the Avengers once represented.

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

My understanding is that the next phase of film builds towards the Great Lakes Avengers.

Caretaker likes this.
  6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

"You all know Spider-Man will return at least"

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Now, I stayed until the very end, and heard hammer blows. Anyone else pick that up.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, that's been talked about a lot. It's a sound clip from Iron Man (2008) as a way of paying tribute to how it all began, and presumably to commemorate the end of Iron Man's story in the MCU.