Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

They announced "Amelia Pond" as a figure that would only be sold in one shop in London (as far as I know its london). But the mass market one is going to be simply a little different, and the "exclusive" just is wearing a hat and coat.

Interview with Katy Manning says a Jo Grant figure is on the way.

2. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

Useless is getting one, and not Susan? or Jamie? Or (classic) Sarah Jane?

3. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I think we'll see the classic companions coming out slowly, and likely in two-packs like Peri & Sil.

So, Jo Grant next and I'm hoping we get the Brig.

4. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I can't wait for the companions.

My wishlist:

Jamie
    Brig
    Susan
    Ian
    Barbara
    classic Sarah Jane
    Romana II
    Romana I
    Leela
    Ace

5. Winterwind

Considering who she is, Susan is important but I'd give her a miss. And I'd want Tegan in there.

And in other news, they announced the Time Warrior set. Same shit as the Sontaran Experiment set. A repaint of an existing Doctor. A lame Sontaran Pod ship with no interior, just a door that opens to reveal a tiny chair and a Sontaran that's just a slight tweak on the last one.

Like I mentioned up thread, I know a lot of collectors that aren't completists that are having an easy time passing on all of these.

CO really, really needs to step up their game. Almost everything they've done recently have just been bloody repaints.

6. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nothing recent has really caught my interest. I'd still love to see Eight on his own, or with his TARDIS.

7. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect that the Brig won't be along for a bit. If a figure is a recognisable likeness, it has to be approved by the actor or his heirs, so if Nick hadn't been asked and given his Ok before he died, his family will have to decide who's going to take that on if and when they're asked.

8. Winterwind

From what I've been told, that's already been taken care of and the sculpt was made some time ago. I certainly hope that's the case since the Brig is at the top of my list for companions.

9. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

I wonder if they'd have the Brig in a UNIT pack with Benton, Yates, and perhaps an 'army builder' generic UNIT guy.

But we'll probably have him packaged with a monster or something. The gargoyle from the Daemons would be cool ;)

10. Winterwind

The rumours I keep hearing are the Brig and Jo Grant released in two-packs with Omega and a Gel Guard. How true that is remains to be seen.

11. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Oh man, I hope it's not a Gel Guard. I really don't need one of those in my house. :p

12. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

I just got my 11 FC tardis (my first one), and im lovin it. Really brings my collection of figures to life.

13. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Doesn't matter when/if the sculpt was done: unless Nick Courtney was sent a prototype figure and said yes, they can't proceed with it. At least, not until his heirs give their yes.
    Understandably, no-one wants to pressure a sick man, or a grieving family, so there can be a delay when the worst events intervene.

14. Winterwind

Well aware that a sculpt means squat without a release on the likeness. Which is why I said "that's already been taken care of" before I even mentioned the sculpt. ;)

15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

16. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the Blue Peter competiton winner will get any money from its sale.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

18. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Nice. Also noticed the Series 6 Eleventh Doctor there as well (new sculpt)

19. Winterwind

Nope. Standard contest entry rules. All entries are property of, in this case, the BBC.

And while the Junk Tardis does look nice, it's a really lacklustre paint job on the console when you take a closer look. They couldn't even be bothered to put a reflective surface on the mirror, which was actually what we saw the most of in the episode, with Idris looking at herself. That, and the lack of an Idris figure with it took it from a "must have" to a "maybe somewhere down the road" for me.

20. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Amelia figure doesn't look much like her. Do children get to have their say with regards to likenesses as well, or is that up to their legal guardians? The face is way off for one thing, and her skin isn't pale enough. Maybe that's a prototype?