Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd love Sideshow Collectibles to grab a DW licence. They make fantastic 12" poseable figures with excellent screen-accurate likenesses and detailing.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like I have to get another 11th doctor figure. Looks more like Matt Smith.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This should teach me to hold off on first releases and wait till future figures come out that looks more like the actor

3. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno. In some ways it does and some ways it doesnt look like Smith. The crash set that most of us have look like Smith in 3d with our own eyes. The 2d image never gives figures justice. However that theory is sometimes reversed (Serenity, 8th Doc, NuTrek etc)

The new Smith figure is for Season 6 as we all know, so has different hair and skinnier face sculpt. The crash set has Smiths old fuzzy messy hair and looks ok.

I saw the Doctor with fez and mop in a shop and the sculpt i saw wasnt that great. However the mop/fez one i own is a much better sculpt, so eiher a crappy batch or i was having an off day.

4. Classic Fan

Damn phone wont let me edit properly.

Speaking of The Flesh, id love a Flesh Doctor with new boots. As long as it looks as creepy as Smith did in the Ep. :) :techman:

5. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

After the Leela figure, I was expecting more classic companions. Nothing announced yet but there is a City of Death twin-pack just announced with the Fourth Doctor and the baddie. I have enough Fourth Doctors and don't care about Count Whats-his-name but it does look good.

6. Samurai8472

From you're lips to toy manufacturers brains....

http://doctorwhotoys.net/series6wave2.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Winterwind

Only one of those I'm even remotely interested in is Idris.

Interesting how there's no consistency yet with the ball-joints at the shoulders. The Leela figure has them, the new classic City of Death figures don't and from that picture of the S6 figures, looks like all but the pegwarmer... er... Uncle have them.

8. Worf2DS9

And, really, those aren't even new boots for Ganger-Doc -- they're the usual ones just painted brown. In fact, you can even see some brown paint on the bottom of his right pant leg. Sloppy.

9. Winterwind

And in a closer look, Idris seems to have bruises on her shoulders, at the neckline. Trick of the light? The promo pics are notoriously bad but I can't figure out if it's shadow or a bad paint app.

10. Samurai8472

They just gave the figure really deep shoulder indents

[​IMG]

I've also seen complaints with the NASA suit. The toy maker's can't put NASA logo's on the suit due to NASA copyrighting everything

11. Winterwind

The NASA issue doesn't surprise me.

That's a nice shot of Idris. Best of the lot for me and the only one I see myself getting... when I've got money to spare on toys. :)

Hmm... just looked at Mike's Comics and he doesn't have that wave listed. I wonder when they're supposed to hit NA. My general lack of enthusiasm over the line in the past year has left me rather uninformed on release dates.

12. Worf2DS9

I think it's an atrocious likeness of her though. The dress sculpt is nice.

As for River in that group shot, it looks like they goofed on the skin tone. Seems too dark to me.

13. Classic Fan

Ok, they dont look that great. AT. ALL!

Seriously, promos and prototypes are supposed to sell the thing before its released, in a way.

And these are just terrible. May not even get the new Doc ones as i already have Crash Set version and Fez/mop. All theyve changed is the head and repainted the clothes. Us CO procedure.

As for River and Idris, ermmm, ill pass. Until i see a box on a shelf with my own eyes ill make my decision then.

I want a Rory dammit! Why do we NOT yet have Rory. In his 'Last Centurion' garb would be awesome.

I may get a ganger Doc at some point though. Cos it may look, hopefully, a bit better in the, err, ahem, flesh.

14. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

My question is why does the River figure come with a "flesh" mask?

15. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

That would indeed rule in all kinds of ways. But then, what do I know? I still want a Wilfrid Mott figure.... :p

16. Samurai8472

^That shed's tears and comes with a revolver

:techman:

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

All the figures in that wave come with a flesh mask, though Uncle, the Astronaut and Idris come with masks that go with other characters.

As for why, I have no clue. Character really seems to be obsessed with the whole "Flesh" concept. The Flesh Goo Pond, the Flesh Bowl Figure Creator, and now the Flesh masks. :wtf:

18. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And the episodes weren't even that good.

19. Classic Fan

I'd buy a Wilfred Mott. Cribbins was the usual scene stealer in that finale. So he deserves, along with Rory, the 'forgotten companions' wave special. Wilfred with revolver and phone and real tear action and 'Rory the roman' with sword and auton option weapon and a dead Amy. Bad taste? Someone decided to make a 'destroyed cassandra' figure, so touché.

20. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I finally got my Leela figure:

[​IMG]