Disney's Howard the Duck reboot.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think Iron Man 3 threw the pattern out the window and that was responding to Avengers one foreshadowing one joke (they skipped the foreshadowing in Iron Man 3 and just had the joke). Then there's Captain America with one foreshadowing and no joke. GOTG was going to be no foreshadowing and two jokes, but ended up with just the one scene (like IM3).

I think the point is there's no pattern anymore. The only rule is they'll at least have one scene (except The Incredible Hulk, which obviously had no post-credit scenes).

2. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't it have that scene with Tony Stark? Or did that end up before the credits? (It's certainly in the vein of the post-credit scenes in all of the others.)

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It was before the credits. It probably should have been after, but, for some reason, it wasn't. Maybe they didn't trust people to stick around just yet, so they decided not to risk it.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The director, Louis Leterrier, doesn't care for the idea of post-credit scenes, so he put the stinger at the end of the movie proper. This was, of course, when Marvel Studios was new and still figuring out their game-plan. I'd bet that if the movie were made today, or if Kevin Feige knew then what he knows now, the scene would be post-credits.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wait. So no HTD movie? :wah:

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, stop derailing the thread!