Discovery theory, redux

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by The River Temoc, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It's entirely a madeup idea in my head, you'd have to convince Disney that it was a good idea to adopt as canon first.

But it is the sort of thing you could see the outer worlds doing, boosting trade, a big annual event, a betting pool on the smugglers. Lots of underhanded stuff going on trying to knobble competitors, etc

2. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

But a movie is only two hours long. I want a tv show where every episode is about trying to make cargo runs faster and faster. That's ratings gold, right there. Just like a show where every episode is about hiking on Vulcania.

4. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

All of the above. Actually not c. I am not TOS guy, bu Donatu is in STO as well.
    How long before the enterprise did the valiant hit the barrier the edge of the galaxy?

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's actually a good idea...

About 200 years.

6. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Axanar always stood out to me. Donatu V was never even noticed. I'm trying to remember if I connected the Vulcanian expedition to Axanar. 30 or 40 year old memories are a bit fuzzy. What I seem to recall is that I connected Garth and Axanar with Kirk's Palm Leaf of Axanar Peace Mission commendation. I added that to the line Kirk made about Axanar allowing he and Spock to serve as brothers. I can't remember if I also connected the Vulcanian expedition to it or not. At some point about 5 years or so ago I started thinking about a war between Axanar and Vulcan. Garth's efforts in that war preserved or reestablished the peace and defended Vulcan from Axanar. Since Vulcan wasn't destroyed or captured, Spock and Kirk could serve as brothers.

I think I also connected Kirk's Axanar mission to Garth's. As if Kirk was in that same fleet on another ship. He later studied Garth's methods. I don't think that makes much sense now. On the other hand, Kirk did go back to the Academy as a Lt. and taught some classes.

Vulcanian expedition captured my imagination more than Donatu V.

I like this idea. Definitely better than other ideas I've read. Would make for an interesting episode. But not an entire season of shows.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't suppose all the legal wranglings about the Axanar fan film (or series or whatever the hell it is), would prevent DSC ever making reference to anything Axanar related?

I mean, ENT managed to slip in a reference to the Axanar in "Fight or Flight" but that was well before the legal shitstorm started.