Discovery saucer ring spins?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by MarsWeeps, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Now I want to see Discovery wearing a sombrero...

Gepard and Seven of Five like this.
  2. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Starship designed by comity 2.0 ? Only this time around we go for the "kewl" factor and TOSs canon aside ? ;-)

3. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

The Dilithium processor thing - it's an engine part, essentially. Probably a really common, easy to come by one in normal circumstances, except that there's a war on and T'Kuvma's ship hadn't had any resupply or aid from the other Klingons in 6 months. The Shenzhou was an old, heavily battered, derelict ship. Presumably with an old warp drive. Even if Starfleet had gone through and salvaged what they could from the ship (don't recall any specific dialogue stating they had, but I have only watched the episode once), I doubt it would even register for them to take it. They probably didn't even know Voq needed that very part to get the ship moving again.

It's the equivalent of soldiers driving a Jeep in a war zone, getting shot up by the enemy and leaving it behind. It's a knackered old Jeep, why would anyone go back and strip out the spark plugs in case an enemy vehicle breaks down nearby?

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It's saucer already is one. It's like they read the posts here or something.

:shifty:

5. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I managed to track down classified footage of the ship's saucer proof-of-concept.
    [​IMG]

6. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

GOOD GOD, glad I wasn't drinking anything while looking at that, computer would be wet then...
    ;-)

GilmourD and Mad Jack Wolfe like this.