Did the DS9 Writers Have As Much Success Post-DS9?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by VulcanMindBlown, Sep 24, 2016.

1. VulcanMindBlown

VulcanMindBlown Commander Red Shirt

I know that some of them wrote episodes of other Star Treks, though none of the big ones.

I never really got into Battlestar Galactica, but I could one of these days... I did see the first pilot episode... :shrug:

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Ira Steven Behr has worked as a writer and producer on such shows as THE 4400, ALPHAS, and, currently, OUTLANDER.

Michael Taylor has worked as writer and/or producer on VOYAGER, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, THE DEAD ZONE, DEFIANCE, and is currently a Co-Executive Producer on TURN: WASHINGTON'S SPIES.

And those are just the two that immediately come to mind.

3. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Robert Hewitt Wolfe is co-exec producer and writer on Elementary. René Echevarria is exec on Teen Wolf. David Weddle is exec and writer on The Strain.

4. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

DS9 was the biggest Trek for me! And Behr, Moore, Echevarria, Wolfe, Beimler, Fields all wrote for TNG.

5. UnknownSample

UnknownSample Commodore Commodore

It always seems sad to see one of their names on a lesser, later show.

6. ihno

ihno Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do you want to imply that Teenwolf is a worse show than DS9?

No seriously, yeah, some shows like the 4400 got cancelled and I don't think they had a proper ending. I found that sad too.
    I never watched Defiance and don't know many of the others - except Teenwolf. ;)

7. Malformed

Malformed Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ron Moore on BSG, of course, and then Outlander (loved the first half of the first season).

Cool story. During the last season of DS9 I sent a baseball and a sharpie via FedEx to Ron in care of Paramount. I asked if he would sign the baseball and also get the rest of the writing staff to do so. I enclosed a second prepaid FedEx envelope to send it back.

He did. Ron is aces in my book!

Seven of Five and ihno like this.