Deluxe soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by cbspock, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

I´ve been waiting patiently for a year now to get a complete score, especially since some key tracks are missing on the regular album. So I´ll keep waiting.

BTW, I think this discussion, whether or not people are willing/able to spend an extra $10 on something they intend to replace again anyway doesn´t really belong here. Anyone is in a different personal and financial situation and some probably do cut it quite close every month and have to decide well, what to spend their money on. Just my two cents ...

Mario

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Likewise.

Respectfully, that may well be true for some. But the majority of people complaining about the issue here are people who, by their own admission, don't seem to have any trouble dropping upwards of $25 per album when the previous, expanded or remastered releases have been made available. Whether it's silly fan entitlement issues, or just impatience is irrelevant. The point is, the music is available now and it's hardly the end of the world if one winds up double dipping.

3. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I didn't intend to come back to this thread, but I feel compelled to do so. For clarity, I am going to address certain allegations and assertions made by other posters reference patrons "motivations" in foregoing the arbitrary purchase of Star Trek soundtracks.

In my own case, I can offer an assurance neither "silly fan entitlement issues" and/or "impatience" has informed my decision to forfeit procuring the Star Trek Into Darkness standard CD release.

I have merely elected to wait for a possible (probable?) expanded edition of a soundtrack I like but don't love. In the meantime, I can quite easily live without it. "Double dipping is not the end of the world" - OK, err, so? I simply do not want to double dip on this release, that's it - no more, no less.

Is it really necessary to use terms like "silly fan entitlement" when discussing this by the way?

4. doubleohfive

Somehow, I just knew you were going reply.

Good for you!

Once again, I was not referring specifically or solely to you.

There are plenty of examples of "silly fan entitlement" on display in various threads throughout this message board.

The outrage over the Into Darkness home video special features comes to mind.

The whining about the TOS Soundtrack Box Set and before it the Ron Jones TNG Box Set not (initially) being made available in single disc releases.

Some fans want what they want and are increasingly unable to cope when the content they want isn't given to them exactly as they expect it. Even now, in the thread about the TOS Box Set thread, despite the gargantuan amount of manpower and work hours LaLaLand put into that 15-disc set and all 636 tracks (636!) there are still people in that thread who don't think it's enough. They spent time bitching about whether or not a track was missing. They're now wasting their time trying to assemble individual episode scores. The point is it's just not enough. Nothing ever will be.

That's what I mean by fan entitlement.

So, LOKAI, take a step back. I know it might be hard to parse out but my comments were not directed toward you. If you don't want to drop $7 on the album, great! The point is that it's there if you really want it. Clearly you don't really want it. But the implication that somehow fans are being shortchanged because one version is currently available but another isn't (yet, anyway) is ridiculous. Now, I know you didn't say that specifically, but someone would eventually. They always do.

And since I wasn't responding to you or referring to you specifically, you shouldn't be worried about any of it. So... chill.

5. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

Please.

6. doubleohfive

Wanting is one thing. Expecting is another, entirely.

Boo hoo. CBS/Paramount own the content. They can distribute it however they see fit. This time around, if you wanted everything, you had to buy all three separate versions. If you buy all three versions, that's nobody's fault but your own.

What you SHOULD be able to do and what you CAN do are two entirely different things.

"We deserve it" -- sounds an awful lot like entitlement to me.

Not greedy. Smart business. It's their property to do with as they please. Not yours. Not mine. And this demonstration of further desire for instant gratification is another woeful symptom of fandom today -- Tiresome and embarrassing.

There is one version available. And you can get it for as little as $7.00.

Also: in the future, you might want to do a better job quoting people like this.
    Learn how to use the formatting tools on the site - they're not difficult to understand.

7. LOKAI of CHERON

Well Said, foxhot, but somehow, I just knew there was going to be a reply.

In this thread, and others, I feel it's like going round in circles with certain posters who seem to jump in with size 10's and overreact to the most mundane comments of other members with OTT faux indignation and inflammatory language. For clarity, I'm not referring to anyone specifically or solely.

8. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

Bold words. Fair point. No doubt I was mentally fried after hunting down (or debating whether it's worth to) the multiple multiple versions of STID BluRays, plus other monthly insults of material they refuse to combine from the start. But I apologize, and it will not happen again. Words I long to hear from Paramount.

9. doubleohfive

Oh Jesus fuck already. Nothing said was inflammatory or over the top. GET OVER IT.

For clarity, I AM referring to you specifically and solely this time.

10. LOKAI of CHERON

Right back at 'cha my friend. Have a cup of tea, relax, and don't get so butthurt next time.

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Okay, enough.

Everybody take five.

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Sometimes, it may be better just to walk away from a conversation which is going south.

That said: doubleoh, I really think you need to take a look at the way you're interacting with people here.

Condescending and snarky.

Condescending and snarky, with a dollop of the "industry-insider"splaining which is becoming an unfortunate habit.

Lecturing, mini-modding, condescending, and more snark.

Is this really the way you want to come across? Don't you think this kind of thing might be a contributing factor to so many conversations in which you've been a participant over the last several months becoming confrontational and even hostile? Maybe that's not been at all what you intended, but it is what I've been seeing happen. Perhaps it's time you took a step back and looked at this from a greater distance and a different perspective.

I'm going to let this thread cool off for a bit longer and then I'll consider whether to re-open. At this point, I'm inclined against, as there hasn't been any real news concerning an expanded soundtrack anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.