Deep Space Nine, but it's an N64 video game intro

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by JoseNoodles, Oct 29, 2022.

1. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Was perusing YouTube and found that someone had recreated the intro in Nintendo 64 style graphics. Thought I might share.

It was created by an artist named Amaruuk. A similar N64 style intro was done for TNG as well. Good Stuff.

FanST, DS9forever and Farscape One like this.
  2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Reminds me of this real one (2:16)

somebuddyX and JoseNoodles like this.
  3. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It also seemed odd to me how some of these licensed Star Trek games never seemed to use the theme of the show they were based on. Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force straight up uses the show's intro but not the theme. DS9 The Fallen's intro seems to be at least intentionally deviating from the show, and the theme used does seem to sample a small bit of the show's theme.

For me, Amaruuk's intro reminds of the old fan game The Invasion of Cardassia, itself a total conversion of the Star Wars fan game The Battle of Endor.

4. Caoimhin

Caoimhin Cadet Newbie

DS9: Harbinger used what sounds to me like the original score. Granted, that was a PC game and didn’t really need to synthesize instruments. Maybe there was a technical limitation on the consoles of the day.

5. Ragitsu

Ragitsu Commodore Commodore

That reminded me of the Star Wars game "Shadows of the Empire" (also for the Nintendo 64).