Dedication plaques

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Reverend, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's from the ENT novels, not any TV episode.

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE — KOBAYASHI MARU
    The exciting follow-up to Star Trek: Enterprise—The Good That Men Do describes the incident that sparked the start of the Romulan War: the destruction of the merchant ship Kobayashi Maru.

The fragile Collation of Planets is convinced that in order to hold the fledgling alliance together something must be done to stop the random destruction of civilian shipping. Under orders from Starfleet, Captain Jonathan Archer and Captain Erica Hernandez, commanders of two of the most powerful starships, have been reduced to convey duty, no more than glorified babysitting. Both captains know that there is something behind all of this systemic destruction. Captain Archer believes he knows who—the Romulans. But will anyone listen to him before it is too late?

2. retronaut

retronaut Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello. Here is my take on the original Enterprise dedication plaque, created in Google Sketchup.

[​IMG]

3. CaptMurdock

CaptMurdock Commodore Commodore

The future birthplace of Capt. Christopher Pike
    A couple of quotes:

"Nemo me impine lacessit" ("No one attacks me with impunity" -- the motto of Clan Stewart.

"Somewhere the sky is burning, the oceans sleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song."

"The stars are high, life is short, and the house always takes a percentage." Damon Knight's introduction to the Heinlein collection The Past Through Tomorrow.

My personal favorite, that a friend of mine put on a plaque (said .jpg I seem to have misplaced)...

"I love it when a plan comes together."

4. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

If you want your own plaque turned in to a real thing, Galron Mfg. can do it. He did our ship's using sublimation, but he can do other techniques as well.