Spoilers DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, May 18, 2017.

1. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

That's true. I guess it actually would fall into their usual pattern.

"Look, a purple-headed witch! And she turned this man into metal, and set the dark one on fire."

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Is that a birthmark? I figured it was a bruise from recent stunt fighting or training.

I like it that, hair color aside, she chose an outfit that evokes her White Canary costume.

3. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

If it is a birthmark, they cover it well on the show.

https://i.redd.it/vrn5w3n6q1ax.jpg

4. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

According to a google image search it is a birthmark.

Either that, or she has an unfortunate habit of always getting a bruise in the same spot when training :D

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

You can see the birthmark in the photo in the very first post in this thread.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to admit I never noticed it before myself so was curious. Now I probably won't be able to unsee it when I watch lol.

8. dahj

9. Christopher

Whew.

10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was watching this Youtube video and it seems you can see the Watchtower building from "Smallville" in the LA moments during the season final. That guy was speculating we might see a Smallville/Legends crossover and I was wondering if ya felt it was possible?
    I kind of like the idea of Chloe or maybe even Lex or Lionel somehow being used on the show, even if it was just one episode.

Jason

Phoenix219 likes this.
  11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I see no reason to think so.

12. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know. If the timeline is all messed up it means almost anything seems possible. I could even see alternate versions of established characters or even really different versions of themselves. What if you had 2 Green Arrow's in a single ep both the one from "Arrow" and the one from "Smallville."

Jason

Phoenix219 likes this.
  13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Can't see that happening on a full blown scale.

14. Christopher

That was probably either just an in-joke on the part of the FX team or a reuse of an existing digital asset to save money.

In fact, I've long had the impression that the Smallville Watchtower was itself a reuse of a digital building from the "New Gotham" skyline in Birds of Prey, albeit not the same one used as the Watchtower in that show. I've never confirmed it, though.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Christopher

What that article doesn't mention, but Comic Book Resources caught, is that she's actually Isis! That's amazing. As a child of the Filmation generation, I appreciate this development, even if it is based on the more recent DC Comics version of the character. This will be Isis's first television appearance since an animated guest spot on The Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam! in 1981-2, and her first series-regular appearance since the Freedom Force segment of Tarzan and the Super 7 in 1978-80. And of course, it's her first live-action appearance since the character's debut in The Secrets of Isis in 1975-77, a 40-year gap.

What worries me is that Isis a character who gets her powers from an ancient, magical amulet, which puts her in basically the same wheelhouse as Vixen, powers-wise. It's unclear whether Amaya is returning, and adding such a similarly-powered character suggests she might not be.

17. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I have speculated even before this news that Amaya Is part of the next season. Just not in every episode, similar to Rip last year. Maybe at some point she returns to her own time to start the family history shows she is destined to have. Only for a version of her about 5 years older to return a short time later from the perspective of the other characters.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  18. dahj

I've got a pretty good idea why the original article omitted that...

19. Christopher

Oh, you mean because of the so-called "Islamic State" organization that the news media insist on calling ISIS even though the US State Department switched to using ISIL years ago? (And which Arabic speakers tend to refer to by its Arabic acronym Daesh, which IS members hate because it sounds derogatory in Arabic?) Honestly, the coincidence never even occurred to me until you brought it up. I mean, the Egyptian goddess had a claim to the name Isis (or at least the Ancient Greeks who transliterated her name that way did) thousands of years before the news media coined that acronym for the IS. So it's pretty silly to treat the name as some kind of Voldemort-like curse that must not be uttered.

Although, leaving that stupidity aside, it occurs to me that it might be problematical to portray Tomaz as a Muslim-American hacktivist, because her powers come from a goddess in a different pantheon, and Islam is deeply rooted in monotheism and having no gods but Allah. So it could be disrespectful to the character's faith.

Then again, Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel is a Muslim-American (as are the writer and editor of her solo comic), and she sometimes hangs around with Loki, a deity from Norse mythology (or "Hipster Viking" as she and her friends call him), and convinced him to help her ward her school against evil. So I guess a little polytheism isn't a dealbreaker for more flexible-minded Muslims, at least in comic-book universes.

20. dahj

It is silly.
    Until you remember that there's so many shitheads on the internet who will hurl all kinds of abuse at this Iranian actress playing a Muslim woman called Isis... then it stops being silly.

Grendelsbayne likes this.