DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

I'm assuming Cain's politics have something to do with that statement.

Yeah so? My neighbour was/is anti covid and think that Trump is better than Biden. I don't treat him different than somebody I agree on with politics. The same with religion, I don't believe in any religion, I have the same opinion as Christopher Hitchens on that subject. But I have a good relationship with my family in law who are very religious

I'm assuming Cain's politics have something to do with that statement.

Yeah so? My neighbour was/is anti covid and think that Trump is better than Biden. I don't treat him different than somebody I agree on with politics. The same with religion, I don't believe in any religion, I have the same opinion as Christopher Hitchens on that subject. But I have a good relationship with my family in law who are very religious

Its hypocritical for anyone who dives so deeply into the idea of a non-deliberately violent Superman fantasizing about a real, responsible adult physically assaulting another. Assault is real with real consequences. Just bringing that sentiment to light says something rather disturbing about the one who posted it.

It appears my bit of drive-by snark has caused something of a stir -- most of which I take to be from honestly-intentioned posters. I'm especially chagrined by the nonverbal rebuke from @Supervisor 194, whom I've always thought of as a forum friend. To any who were sincerely offended, my apologies. It won't happen again.

Even if it doesn't perform well - there is decent chance that Aquaman does at least outperform The Marvels - what a way to close out the Universe.

Rhode Island Comic Con. People were getting their pictures taken with Tom Welling, Brandon Routh, Gerard Christopher, Dean Cain and Tyler Hoechlin.

my-wife-and-i-at-rhode-island-comic-con-this-weekend-with-v0-mtgm6snm0nyb1.webp
I bet that was pricey. I would have got that photo. I really should go to some non Star Trek related conventions one day.

It comes too late for the Batgirl movie but congressman Joaquin Castro has called for a federal investigation into WB’s tactic of scrapping films for tax breaks. Earlier this week, it did so for a live-action Wile E. Coyote film, but reversed its decision. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/coyote-vs-acme-warners-investigation-1235647011/
Glad to see someone trying to do something about that.
And just as an FYI for anyone who didn't read the article, WB is not releasing Coyote vs ACME, they've given to director permssion to shop it to other studios.
According to IGN (based on a story from Deadline), they've already set up screening for Apple, Amazon, and Netflix.
I hope one of them picks it up, I've been wanting to see it since it was first announced.

I'm glad they aren't burying the movie, but I don't get how it works to shop it around. I mean, with the Batgirl thing, what we were told was that they could never release it because the tax law required that if they wrote it off as a loss, then they could never make a profit from it. If that's the case here, then does that mean they have to just give the film rights away to some other studio?

Anyway, it's just bizarre to imagine someone other than WB releasing a film about iconic WB cartoon characters. Just one more consequence of the wrecking ball Zaslav has been taking to the studio since he took over.

They're not writing it off, they're selling it instead. This discussion happens everytime this occurs.

Write off = buried forever
Sold = other companies can release it

They wanted to write it off, the outcry was so great they are now looking to sell it.

This discussion happens every time WB (close to illegally) buries a nearly to fully completed movie for tax breaks, like Batgirl and Scooby-Doo?

Only this time they caved.

Both Disney and Paramount have done the same since Batgirl, and both have caved on some projects - Paramount on the very franchise you're posting in a forum about. And yes, all three company announcements/leaks have resulted in the same conversation since the first time it happened with Batgirl.

Last edited:
Both Disney and Paramount have done the same since Batgirl, and both have caved on some projects - Paramount on the very franchise you're posting in a forum about. And yes, all three company announcements/leaks have resulted in the same conversation since the first time it happened with Batgirl.

What completed movie was shelved sight un-seen by Disney that confused people between selling it off versus writing it off?

Back