DC Movies - To Infinity and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Aug 5, 2018.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed Shazam 2.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming Cain's politics have something to do with that statement.

3. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Yeah so? My neighbour was/is anti covid and think that Trump is better than Biden. I don't treat him different than somebody I agree on with politics. The same with religion, I don't believe in any religion, I have the same opinion as Christopher Hitchens on that subject. But I have a good relationship with my family in law who are very religious

suarezguy and fireproof78 like this.
  4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Its hypocritical for anyone who dives so deeply into the idea of a non-deliberately violent Superman fantasizing about a real, responsible adult physically assaulting another. Assault is real with real consequences. Just bringing that sentiment to light says something rather disturbing about the one who posted it.

Supervisor 194 likes this.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

It appears my bit of drive-by snark has caused something of a stir -- most of which I take to be from honestly-intentioned posters. I'm especially chagrined by the nonverbal rebuke from @Supervisor 194, whom I've always thought of as a forum friend. To any who were sincerely offended, my apologies. It won't happen again.

Commander Troi likes this.
  6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Even if it doesn't perform well - there is decent chance that Aquaman does at least outperform The Marvels - what a way to close out the Universe.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

???? :shrug:

8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dude has the better beard.

9. The Realist

Check the "Likes."

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

oh. yeah that really confused me

11. The Realist

Looking pretty darn good for 64! (I would never have realized he was that old, but somebody just mentioned it on another forum.)

12. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I bet that was pricey. I would have got that photo. I really should go to some non Star Trek related conventions one day.

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I hope (but doubt) that something will come of it. It's a bullshit loophole that needs to be closed.

Thestral likes this.
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glad to see someone trying to do something about that.
    And just as an FYI for anyone who didn't read the article, WB is not releasing Coyote vs ACME, they've given to director permssion to shop it to other studios.
    According to IGN (based on a story from Deadline), they've already set up screening for Apple, Amazon, and Netflix.
    I hope one of them picks it up, I've been wanting to see it since it was first announced.

Captaindemotion likes this.
  16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm glad they aren't burying the movie, but I don't get how it works to shop it around. I mean, with the Batgirl thing, what we were told was that they could never release it because the tax law required that if they wrote it off as a loss, then they could never make a profit from it. If that's the case here, then does that mean they have to just give the film rights away to some other studio?

Anyway, it's just bizarre to imagine someone other than WB releasing a film about iconic WB cartoon characters. Just one more consequence of the wrecking ball Zaslav has been taking to the studio since he took over.

Sci and Commander Troi like this.
  17. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're not writing it off, they're selling it instead. This discussion happens everytime this occurs.

Write off = buried forever
    Sold = other companies can release it

They wanted to write it off, the outcry was so great they are now looking to sell it.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  18. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This discussion happens every time WB (close to illegally) buries a nearly to fully completed movie for tax breaks, like Batgirl and Scooby-Doo?

Only this time they caved.

Captaindemotion likes this.
  19. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Both Disney and Paramount have done the same since Batgirl, and both have caved on some projects - Paramount on the very franchise you're posting in a forum about. And yes, all three company announcements/leaks have resulted in the same conversation since the first time it happened with Batgirl.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  20. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What completed movie was shelved sight un-seen by Disney that confused people between selling it off versus writing it off?