Daniel Craig offered the part of Thor

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Supervisor 194, Oct 21, 2008.

1. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Beta Ray Bill casting call

[​IMG]

2. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a beautiful picture of Sarah Jessica Parker. Don't you have any pictures of real horses? For shame!
    :mad:

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Maybe Craig should consider it since he fears that the Bond movie series may be on hold due to economic reasons.

4. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

Have any of you actually read Craig's reasons for not taking the role? Not that I want him in the role, so lucky me, but his reason is ridiculous:

He figures taking on two action roles is egotistical.

:wtf:

:wtf:

Seriously, if he's so worried about being egotistical, maybe instead of turning down the role, he should take it, and then take every dime he makes off of the project and give it away to charity. While he's at it, maybe he should take half of what he's made till now and give that away as well.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Cruise was linked to the role for a few years in the late 90s or so. Before then, Nicholas Cage was rumoured for about a fortnight to be playing him. This was even before the Superman Lives days.

6. Lapis Exilis

Lapis Exilis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You seem to be confusing egotistical and greedy. He didn't say taking the role would make him too much money, but that it would be self-aggrandizing.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm still liking the Fassbender idea, even if no-one else seems to have any thoughts of it, good bad or indifferent! :(

Here's a link to a fansite with a gallery of pictures. He'd be a slightly offbeat choice for sure and he'd have to bulk up a lot (though 300 showed that he can do that). But if they're looking for someone in the vein of Bale or Craig, an acclaimed and intense actor, rather than a movie star, not to mention someone with a Germanic/ Scandanavian look, I think he'd be a good possibility.

http://photobucket.com/images/michael fassbender/