Damar is coming to General Hospital

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Ar-Pharazon, Jul 14, 2018.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Every episode would probably be people honorably doing their duty to the state.

Mr. Laser Beam and kkt like this.
  2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

And turning in those that don't.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  3. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    You mean it wasn't already a soap opera? That's why I didn't like the series that much. Dax had a soap opera. Worf had a soap opera. Dax and Worf had a soap opera. The Cardassians had a soap opera.

The whole show was a soap opera, and the only characters I actually liked were Miles, Julian, and eventually got to like Quark.

In fact, Constance Towers (who played Helena Cassadine on GH) was in an episode of DS9.

4. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Time for another "Lynx reveals the mysteries of the Star Trek Universe". :beer:

Obviously htis guy on General Hospital is an ancestor to Damar which means that there must have been some contacts between Earth and Cardassia long before those species officially discoveder each other and all the border problems, Bajor, DS9 and all that started.

Maybe this Earth person or his son or whatever were abducted by aliens and ended up on a planet where there also were Cardassians. He married a Cardassian woman, they had children and when they were liberated and sent back to Cardassia, this ancestor did choose to go to Cardassia too. Some generations later, Damar was born and the rest is history.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Remember from TNG: The Chase, we're all brothers from another millennia.

Lynx likes this.
  6. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Probably the same aliens that took Gary 7's ancestors away from earth.

Lynx likes this.
  7. Ar-Pharazon

Casey debuted on Friday's episode as Dr. Lasaris (pronunced Lazarus), someone who is still using (his own brand of) electro-convulsive therapy. A very Cardassian like quality to the man.

I'm not sure how he could be on long-term, but with a soap, you never know.

8. Timewalker

I don't think it's long-term. At least not if this break-out works and the cops manage to get Nelle for setting Carly up. And Kevin is back, so he should be able to do something.

The show did surprise me, though. I was so sure that Nelle was double-dealing with the baby and that she was the birth mother who was supposedly going to give her baby to Brad and Lucas (taking $$$$$ for whatever medical expenses the contract specified) and then changing her mind (conveniently) when she couldn't squeeze any more money out of them.

9. Ar-Pharazon

I say "you never know" because it's a soap. Obrecht should not have been around after all her shenanigans years ago, but she ended up as the Chief Of Staff at GH and stayed around even after that.

Lasaris will probably end up on staff at GH, despite his unorthidox methods. Or else someone else will be at Ferncliff that requires his "care", like the real Kevin.

10. Timewalker

So you're convinced that the mysterious patient tapping out Morse code messages is really Kevin?

Is there any reason why the other character would even come back at this point?

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

This thread seems fairly heavy on General Hospital discussion and pretty light on DS9. Any objections to me moving it to TV & Media?

12. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

or a different forum entirely... :)

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  13. Ar-Pharazon

It's one theory. Being a soap, it could literally be any missing or dead character.

Whatever works. I thought fans of Damar would be interested initially.

14. Timewalker

No objection from me, as long as it's moved instead of shut down. There's nothing wrong with discussing General Hospital in and of itself, but I do agree that we're not talking much about DS9 (I don't even remember who Damar is).

Considering that the "discussion" that happens on most soap forums is superficial at best ("Actress X lightened her hair by a shade and a half, she's so deadtome now!") and the moderating there tends to be draconian (as in you can say a character has a specific illness, but not talk about the illness itself), I'd prefer that this thread be moved out of DS9 but somewhere on the forum where people can dare to make comments that aren't directly about a specific character.

15. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I wouldn't have shut it down. :)

Transporting to TV & Media...

[​IMG]

Timewalker likes this.
  16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

My mom watches General Hospital and on Friday I was watching the episode with her. Nice to see Biggs acting again. I'm slightly ashamed to admit I did enjoy the Car storyline the most.

17. Ar-Pharazon

18. Timewalker

Ah, thanks. It's been so long since I watched DS9, I've forgotten a lot of it.

Still not sure if his role is going to develop into anything. I guess it depends on what happens when Carly is found by the cops (I hope they're not using this "there's a little pathway I know that we can use to sneak into Canada" nonsense again).

But I was partly right about Nelle, the baby, and Brad and Lucas. Of course it's just a matter of time before somebody compares the photo on Julian's phone with the baby they ended up with.

It's a shame about the baby they were supposed to adopt. :(

19. Ar-Pharazon

DS9 had more great recurring characters than any show. Damar was definitely one of those. The Cardassians were one of the most interesting species on Trek.

As far as GH, would it really be easy to tell the difference between newborns? I mean, unless one has a lot more hair, or much darker hair, they tend to look the same :wah:

20. Timewalker

I think it's obvious in this case. Nelle's baby and the now-deceased baby were definitely not identical. The facial features looked different to me.

And considering that Lucas is a doctor and Brad is in charge of the lab, I foresee Brad having to do a lot of test-fudging if he wants Lucas to continue to believe that's their real baby. Lucas could easily get hold of the baby's original medical records, so something like a different blood type or some condition that's in either Carly's genetic line, the Quartermaine line, or in Nelle's family either showing up or not showing up... well, the whole truth will come out at some point.