Cyfa's art challenges and other bits & bobs

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cyfa, Feb 26, 2017.

1. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You, my friend, are in luck! Two things in a single month... I'm on a roll :beer:

[​IMG]

Cyfa likes this.
  2. Cyfa

Cyfa Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

- Kind of. I imagine the British monarchy and the Commonwealth Realm (if not the United Kingdom as it is now) to still exist in some form in the late 23rd century. This is my take on the reigning monarch's Royal Yacht of the time. It's certainly a Federation vessel as the Commonwealth is part of United Earth, which itself is part of the UFP. As to whether it's a naval ship - it depends if the Royal Navy also has a space fleet, or if there's a separate branch of the armed forces for space service.

[​IMG]
    [I don't think this is going to be my final piece...]

publiusr likes this.
  3. Cyfa

- Oh, WOW!!! That's absolutely stunning! Thank you, @BorgMan (you snuck in as I was replying to gazomg) - I love it! :bolian::adore:

EDIT: I've been gazing at your beautiful Britannia render for the past hour and a half (in between working on my own final piece). It's so atmospheric. I want to go for a sunlit cruise amongst some asteroids now!
    Instead, I'll have to settle for an actual atmospheric jaunt over the English countryside:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  4. Cyfa

I've made a start on this month's art challenge - In Times of Crisis as set by BorgMan - but first up, here's the almost final image for May's challenge which I'd neglected to post here:
    [​IMG]
    [I didn't like the stats on the graph paper - not least because the paper wasn't level! - so used a previous version for the final image instead]

And here's a snippet of my idea for June along with a possible look for the title. This is just a quick sketch to establish the layout and probable colours. I'm only showing a small part of it as I don't want to spoil the ending! :rommie:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  5. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

Captain pl1ngpl0ng Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ the sketch snippet looks intriguing! i do love that kind of style. (great colors!)

Cyfa likes this.
  6. Cyfa

Thanks, @Captain pl1ngpl0ng :)

Here's a snippet of the final piece (unfinished at the moment) - I'm just trying out lettering...
    [​IMG]

BorgMan and Captain pl1ngpl0ng like this.
  7. Cyfa

Despite a couple of setbacks (a spelling mistake "aerfvadh" instead of "aefvadh", and a distracting background behind the Romulan refugees), I've finished the physical part of my entry for this month's art challenge: In Times of Crisis...

I need to take a better photo of it (when the sun's out), but here is an "almost ready" version, complete with lettering:
    [​IMG]

I just hope that you find the flow reasonably logical, and that it makes sense?

8. Finn

Finn Admiral Admiral

:eek:

Cyfa likes this.
  9. BorgMan

Hot damn dude... That's a great piece! Totally embodies what I was aiming for!

You make sure to get a high-res version out there, I'd love to print this!

Cyfa likes this.
  10. Cyfa

Thanks, @BorgMan :D But high-res will show up even more of the flaws!! :lol:
    (The physical piece is only A4 size - 210x295mm, plus a circle's bulge or two...)

11. BorgMan

Nothing a bit of Photoshop can't do to get it to at least A3 or A2 while still looking nice!

12. gazomg

gazomg Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

interesting.......

13. Cyfa

and
    - Your wish is my command! :rommie:
    [​IMG]
    (I've gone and posted it in the challenge thread, too)

- I hope so :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    publiusr and BorgMan like this.