CW The Flash Season 7 trailer!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Romulan_spy, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

He only said it would "technically be a recasting," which probably means something like Ralph only appearing in disguise as another cast member or guest star (maybe he serves as a decoy for Sue), or maybe only in digital form with a voice double. As for bringing him back, maybe they just wanted to wait before deciding whether to recast or not. After all, they had another crisis to work around what with the COVID delays, so maybe they just didn't want to tackle it yet. Or they didn't want to steal the thunder of Batwoman's big recast.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

That is my interpretation too. That Ralph is likely played by a body double so they are not exactly recasting.

Waiting for the controversy to die down before brining Hartley back? The Network and/or Warner Bros discovered his old posts and fired him before most of the public even knew those existed. So TPTB got control of the situation before keeping him became the controversy.

I am a fan of his and will miss him as the character. But there should real consequences. He only apologized and said he has changed after he was fired. Only deleted all that stuff after it’s discovery lead to his termination.

can he be given a second chance?Sure in theory. But I think he needs to show real remorse and not just apologizing to get his job back. What would it require? I am a white male and in no way eligible to determine that. Even more so it’s not up Hartley Sawyer to decide if he deserves to get his job back.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

OK, we already covered all of that, so I think it's best we don't get started again.
    Oh yeah, that would all make sense.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Ralph, it's always been my fantasy to make love to myself, so since time travel is science fiction, how about you do a girl a solid?"

"Barry can time travel."

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least they've already established that Ralph can shape shift, so they have a simple explanation if they do recast.

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

If so, they should really pick a female actress. Any male actor with "played the Elongated Man on the CW television series The Flash" on his CV is going to spend an awful lot of time explaining that he's not the guy with the tweets.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The tweets weren't that bad, if it was 1980 and only a hundred white men heard him.

How had Andrew Dice Clay adapted to the new climate?

I'm going to check Anthony Jesslenwcks twitter.

8. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

I agree to a certain degree. I mean if it was a regular person shit posting it would be something but a artist trying to push the envelope is another thing. I see it as part of the creative process. Plus the tweets had been deleted years ago. Someone had found them. It wasn't the case of him deleting them after the fact. Chances are if he was working on a HBO show or FX show he would have been fine with a apology or at least a explanation as to what he was thinking but the CW has to appeal to a younger demographic that loves canceling people.

Jason

dupersuper likes this.
  9. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

They should replace Elongated Man & Sue with the Atom & Fairy Godmother

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Jayson1 and Ovation like this.
  10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

Should just get ride of both and bring over John Diggle as a regular. or Atom and Fairy Godmother also like mentioned.

Jason

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm glad to hear they are going to be tying up the Mirror Mistress stuff early in the season, I was afraid they were going to drag that out longer now that it was going into the next season.
    I'm assuming the speedster mystery is related to Godspeed? Didn't they leave with that whole story unresolved?

13. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

The show’s Twitter feed has announced a February 23, 2021 season premiere date.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was pretty good in Shadowhunters, not outstanding, but not noticeably bad.
    Character sounds kinda like a sexy Mr. Freeze.

16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

17. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice trailer, hopefully the actual episodes will live up to it.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  19. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I see the "Barry Allen and Friends Mope Around Hour" is still going strong... anyone else remember when this show had a sense of fun to it? :razz:

20. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed.
    There was nothing in this trailer that makes me WANT to watch it. I probably will, if it's just to get a sense of closure. But it just doesn't pull me in anymore.

Jayson1, Gaith and USS Firefly like this.