• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Spoilers Coyote vs. Acme grade and discussion

  • Thread starter The Nightmare Doctor
  • Start date

How do you rate Coyote vs. Acme?

  • B-

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C+

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C-

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D+

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *high-whistling fall into a canyon*............*BAM*

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    13
I think it's a given that any Looney Tunes movie is catering to those of us old enough to have grown up watching the shorts on TV, or even in the theater. Although some movies do it better than others.

As for Looney Tunes: Back in Action, I'd say it caters to the Joe Dante audience as much as to the cartoon-fan audience, as it has a lot of his usual trademarks and cultural references (including the usual cameos by Robert Picardo, Dick Miller, Kevin McCarthy, etc.). One of my favorite gags in the film is a callback to an earlier Dante film.
 
Does anyone know when this is coming to streaming and where?
You might want to watch the Wikipedia article for the film, as streaming releases tend to get mentioned there; I don't see anything about it right now.

On the 29th, the film will be released for rent and purchase on Apple TV (via iTunes) and Prime Video.
 
I never watched Cool World but I distinctly remember seeing ads for it in Spider-Man comic books and being curious what it was about.

I've also never watched Back in Action, partially because I never cared for Brendan Fraser. However, I know option towards it has improved in recent years, especially in contrast to the Space Jam films (one hasn't aged well and the other was ruthlessly derided from the onset).
 
I've also never watched Back in Action, partially because I never cared for Brendan Fraser.

Back in Action is just as much a Daffy Duck vehicle as a Brendan Fraser vehicle. In Space Jam, the Looney Tunes characters were all pretty generic and superficially written; they were more gimmicks than characters. In LT:BiA, they're much more fully realized and true to their characterizations. I also think Joe Alaskey's performance of Bugs and Daffy in BiA is more authentic than the Space Jam versions (by Billy West and Dee Bradley Baker respectively).
 
Back in Action is just as much a Daffy Duck vehicle as a Brendan Fraser vehicle. In Space Jam, the Looney Tunes characters were all pretty generic and superficially written; they were more gimmicks than characters. In LT:BiA, they're much more fully realized and true to their characterizations. I also think Joe Alaskey's performance of Bugs and Daffy in BiA is more authentic than the Space Jam versions (by Billy West and Dee Bradley Baker respectively).
That is good to read. Thank you for those insights. I'm definitely more curious to give Back in Action a fair shake now.

The question is which version of Daffy? The arrogant, jealous one or the wild maniac?
 
The question is which version of Daffy? The arrogant, jealous one or the wild maniac?

The mature Chuck Jones-defined Daffy characterization, naturally -- the Daffy of Duck Dodgers and The Scarlet Pumpernickel, desperate to be the hero, and the Daffy of "duck season/wabbit season," envious and competitive toward Bugs. Though I think there are nods to his "woo-hoo-hoo" era.
 
The mature Chuck Jones-defined Daffy characterization, naturally -- the Daffy of Duck Dodgers and The Scarlet Pumpernickel, desperate to be the hero, and the Daffy of "duck season/wabbit season," envious and competitive toward Bugs. Though I think there are nods to his "woo-hoo-hoo" era.
Good. That's the best version.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top