Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snick27, May 14, 2012.
is there an infographic for this...i'm having a hard time keeping up & making sense of it.
^A lot of this is still speculation. The series creator has supposedly created a set of rules for time travel, but much of the show revolves around his slowly letting the audience (and the characters) know about those rules. Hopefully everything will be cleared-up by the end of the series.
I'm going to have to watch the "minute" season again to try and figure it out
Started watching season 3 yesterday. Queuing up #13 now.
(Someone can try to turn this into a pictograph.)
1. 100 years after Kiera will be born, temporal technology is invented, and there is a time war. Peace is established finally after a winner is declared who draws a map declaring that that is what time looks like. A Traveller is sent back 1000 years in time to establish a beach head, creating a religion around keeping time as it is using mostly persons from the present to police the present no matter when the present is. The traveller's arrival in the 12th century creates a new timeline. This creates the assumption that 1000 years is some sort of physical limit to Time travel.
2. Young Alex Saddler meets time travelled Kiera. We never see this. They go through some adventures. Then assuming that a causal loop is in effect (which isn't) feels compelled to make sure that everyone who was sent to the past a timeline ago, is again still sent to the past (It's possible that Freelancers cleaned up the doubles? Otherwise we would have had doubletrouble in season one which we didn't.). Old Alec meets the Kiera we know in the 2070s. She is sent back in time. So is her partner, Jason and Liber8. The farther they were from the time machine the further back they went in time.
3. The partner arrives in the 1970s creating a new timeline. No evil to fight, she lives her own life. Time rolls on. Nothing else interesting ever happens.
4. Jason arrives in the 1980s creating a new time line. No evil to fight time rolls on. Nothing else interesting ever happens.
5. Kiera & Liber8 arrive creating a new timeline. Fight, fight, fight!
6. Kagame arrives creating a new timeline. Fight, Fight Fight!
7. Alec leaves the present. The present destabilizes and falls into the sea. Everyone in the universe folds up into a state of unexistingness... But not fast enough before Kiera leaves the present too for a point before Alec arrives a week earlier.
8. Alec arrives a week in the past creating the new Timeline where Brad Tomkin is from. It's not good. This timeline has Two Alecs, but only one Kiera.
9. Brad arrives creating a new timeline. He probably kills Kiera, and may go on to kill both Alecs. We never saw this timeline play out, or what future would come about from no Alec and no Kiera.
10. Kiera arrives a week and one hour (otherwise she's still in the unstable dying timeline.) in the past creating a new time line where the cyborgs we see at the end are from.
Bring on season three!
An interview with Simon Barry about Continuum time travel.
And that's why time travel always gave Kathryn Janeway a headache
Thanks for the links. The first one is particularly interesting.
Separate names with a comma.