Chris Pine appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by startrekrcks, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Lethe

Lethe Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hmmm.... looks vaguely familiar.... ;)

Looks great!

2. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeez, i must be sick. All i can look at in this picture is the wonderful slate walkway.

How on earth did i miss this picture? I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting it!! And double thanks for the latest on the Munn situation. That's all i am going to call it. "The Munn Situation". Sounds like a movie title. Starring Matt Damon.

I always watch, but now i'll be even more excited about the show!! WOOHOO!!! Some Pine goodness!!! :drool:

3. Yeoman Randi

Wait, is that Chris in his jacket on the ice planet?

4. Starquest

Starquest Commander Red Shirt

Tom, he's adorable. I love it. Can you make one of him in his gold shirt?

Randi, people on another list were calling it "Munngate." I hope Chris didn't get hurt over it. *hugs him*

5. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

What academy awards is Chris going to present is it the Oscar's if it is I will definitely be tuning in get some sexy Mr Pine goodness woohoo

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

:lol:

Based on the novel by Robert Ludlum.

7. Lethe

Just finished watching Blind Dating. I enjoyed it! I went in expecting a fluffy romantic comedy (my favorite genre.. not!) and, although that's kinda/sorta what it was, it was a bit more. I think Chris did a great job. Now I get to peruse your gallery, Jeri!

Its interesting watching his earlier work and seeing what the people behind STXI saw that made them want to take a chance on him as Kirk.

I still want to see him do a full tilt, head on, mother of all tragedies tragedy (my favorite genre! :guffaw: )

8. Lethe

I think I know this answer (lol) but... what is Randi's rule?

9. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I've got a BUNCH of those characters I made lol. That's the only Chris Pine one I have at the moment, but I do have a Shatner-Kirk in gold. Here's a few!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I made these through a website called gaiaonline.com and because of copyright stuff, obviously their items aren't "exact" star trek uniforms and stuff, as I'm sure you can tell. But the idea gets across, and they're cool. :D

10. Lethe

Oooh! A Beverly! AWESOME!

11. Starquest

Tom, they are so cute! You did a fantastic job.

Lethe, if you have not seen Confession yet you probably will enjoy it if you are looking for a really serious movie. Chris was great in it. Also check out the bloopers from Confession on Youtube. Chris is a really funny guy.

Speaking of funny, Trek Movie posted two videos of raw footage of an interview Chris and Zach gave last year that is hilarious. These two guys should take it on the road or get their own comedy show.

http://trekmovie.com/2010/03/03/watch-fun-raw-video-of-pinequinto-interview-from-last-year/

And another picture of Chris breaking up:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  12. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

Ha Ha love his expression there Chris sure loves to have a good laugh which is great isn't it

13. Lethe

Starquest, I had seen Confession but couldn't remember the name; Jerri is the one who suggested Blind Dating after me commenting on Confession. But thanks for the heads up on the blooper links. He does have a great laugh!

14. M'Sharak

I may not have the exact wording, but I believe it goes something like "As much as may be possible, the [girlfriend/leading lady/whoever that b**** is standing next to Chris] shall be kept the hell out of the picture."

I saw that in TrekMovie's Twitter and looked at the beginning of the vid. That's the one with the sneeze, isn't it?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  15. Starquest

I'm pretty sure I watched all of both videos and didn't see the sneeze. Just plenty of laughing and Chris flirting with the interviewer. At one point there's a cut in the video and then the two of them are falling all over each other laughing hysterically, which makes you wonder what was said. Plus a funny story about Karl and his Enterprise model. A really fun interview.

16. Yeoman Randi

MUNNGATE!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! So they broke up. Hope springs eternal....

:lol:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: M, you're killing me!!!!!! :guffaw:

17. Starquest

18. Lethe

:guffaw:

19. Starquest

In honor of Chris attending the Academy Awards I am posting a picture of him in a tux. Wow, look at those eyes.

[​IMG]

20. M'Sharak

I remember seeing the finished interview which came from those bits of raw interview footage, and yeah, Chris flirting shamelessly. Turns out I was getting it mixed up with another interview from around the same time (the TrekMovie article mentions that there were lots during that promo tour and that they tended to get blurred together.)