Chicken Run (2000)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Watching Chicken Run while working. LOVE this movie. And the thing is, I'm doing some work so I'm only glancing here and there, yet each shot that has a chicken in it doing human stuff is sublimely absurd. The film is like a Larson comic strip (The Far Side) done in brilliant stop-motion!

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  2. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

Great movie, picked it up on Blu-ray recently.

3. 1001001

1001001 I Like the Nightlife, Baby! Moderator

It's The Great Escape.

With chickens.

Great film. Both my kids loved it when they were young.

4. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember seeing the ads for this on tv but I thought it looked too dark so I never saw it.

5. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very funny movie (and just about the last really good one Mel Gibson was involved with).

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

You've obviously never seen Get the Gringo, Blood Father, or Hacksaw Ridge... to say nothing of Apocalypto.

I saw Chicken Run on a movie trip in the middle of a summer camp. Most of my fellow campers went to X-Men next door, but I decided to save that to watch with my mother. Turned out I was too old to appreciate Chicken Run's kiddie tone, but not old enough to appreciate the general Aardman artistry and charming British touches. I just spent the whole screening in mental pain, wishing I was watching Wolverine kick ass instead. :p

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

The year after Chicken Run came out, they created the greatest animated film category at the oscars. Makes me believe that they thought Chicke Run was really good, but couldn't really justify it winning the most sacred best picture oscar