CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Richard Baker, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muCephi

muCephi Commodore Commodore

Clearly an attempt to add PR weight to a settlement proposal he's making. If any other teams join in he can obscure his own defense by saying it is a collective desire, and he can make press from it; and if the studios want to exclude him from any discussions with other fan films, he can gate crash as a plus 1.

The other fan films should not let Alec declare himself their leader. They should form their own group and approach the studios directly. All Alec's bad karma will be carried by them if they let him claim to speak for the other productions.

x Carlos' article: Alec: "To that end, he urged the fan producers he contacted, “But seriously, everyone has their mailing list, and we will be able to use that moving forward.” "

..................................................... we ??????????? ..................................................

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

You know, just the other day I jokingly suggested that CBS and AP were working together to impose rules on fan-films.......

3. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Read down in two columns:

Pseudo-normal.........Suspecting
    Social.........................Ongoing
    Yet..............................Challenges
    Charming...................Incapable
    Harbinger...................Of
    Of................................Pairing
    Personality.................Attachments
    AntiSocial...................To
    Trust-less, .................Humans
    Harmful

Getting close to 1000!

Do you think it will be called "The 1000"?

muCephi likes this.
  4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Allow me to summarize: since I''m never making my professional fan film, I propose taking away all your toys so none of you can, either.

5. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

As to an earlier question, yes there are people who want to see Axanar made. Not just because they spent money one it, but because they want to see something set in the Four Years War. A FASA Star Trek setting that amused some of us in the mid-late 80s. I know a few that did not spend even a penny on Axanar that are interested in seeing it because of the setting.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  6. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This, times infinity (and beyond).

7. OtherGene

OtherGene Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It also reads like "You know all that stuff we've done a tonne of? I don't think you should do that. Even though we've had the advantage of it for some time. Sign here!"

8. OtherGene

I'm with you on that but I'd prefer the story to be told by proper story tellers and the film made by a proper film director to really do it justice.

9. Sgt_G

Well, I don't want to watch a movie about The Four Years War. That would be like watching a two-hour movie about The Great European War, aka WW-I. There's too much information to cram into one movie. I want to watch a whole 12-part mini-series about The Four Years War.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Babylon 5 did a feature like production about the Earth-Minbari War called In The Beginning so the idea is doable...by someone competent.

11. OtherGene

I was confused for a moment, there, as I didn't recall a Great European War. It's only known as WWI over here, or The War To End All Wars which just proves that humanity has been naive for a very long time.

12. Sgt_G

Speaking of B5:ITB, here are a few quotes that somehow seem appropriate to this discussion:

Lenonn: I've learned that the more vehemently a rumor is denied the more often it tends to be true.

Londo Mollari: The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe... The loud ones only take the credit.

Londo Mollari: I hope in your stumbling around you do not wake the dragon.​

CaptGrumpy and muCephi like this.
  13. Sgt_G

Gene, I had the standard history books in high school, which didn't really explain much about the war. It wasn't until I found a book written in the early 1930s that fully explained it, going back some 30-40 years prior to set up all the alliances and enemies, and went into great detail about the war itself. As the book was written before WW-II ever happened, it called it The Great European War.

14. muCephi

muCephi Commodore Commodore

"The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    Kosh, Believers

HIjol, CaptGrumpy and Sgt_G like this.
  15. OtherGene

I wasn't correcting you, just commenting.

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

In all my years I've never heard it called the Great European War. I understood it was always called The Great War until WW2 wherein it it began to be referred to as WW1.

17. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

I am surprised that no one has picked up on this. As I understand it:

1. CBS is continuing the lawsuit regardless of whether Paramount is pulling out.

2. CBS will not be participating in creating new fan film guidelines.

3. CBS is continuing the lawsuit as a response to the counterfeiting by Ax Prod.

4. CBS wants the Axanar project completely dissolved.

Correct me if I am wrong. Also consider the source: undocumented statements on 1701 News.

18. mkstewartesq

mkstewartesq Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, you're wrong when you state it the way you have - as if all of these are facts. Michael Hinman did not state them as facts, only possibilities based on reports he had from his sources. The only "fact" is that none of us know what CBS is actually planning to do yet. I trust Michael's reporting and he didn't mischaracterize the scenario in the way that you appear to be reading it.

M

19. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Most of the other fan films just try to ignore Alec at this point.

I don't give a shit about a made-up war from an RPG. I mean, I assume that it involves ships exploding and "shields down to 40%, sir," but so what?

20. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Great beast of a blog post is up! Paginating would not work (the plugin has not been updated by its creators to go with the most recent version of WordPress).

Multimedia. Many links. A reference to soup. I give you my analysis of the answer:
    http://www.gandtshow.com/axanar-defense-answer-counterclaim/

Thank you, as always, for reading my ramblings.

T'Bonz, Sgt_G, wtriker1701 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.