CBS/Paramount sues to stop Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Richard Baker, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The end of the thread was never a real thing. Just like Axanar. :techman:

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Er, still in before the lock !

Philip Guyott and Campe like this.
  3. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    What do you mean by "understood"? Was it a written agreement? Is there documentation for that?

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The needs of the 1031 outweigh the needs of the 1650... or the 1701.

Philip Guyott and Jedman67 like this.
  5. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Again: you are the only one who is arguing CBS doesn’t allow fan films. They literally have guidelines on their website. How hard is this?

Ok. Sure. But, again, a creative person doesn’t complain for pages and pages, they go and create.

Can’t make your Star Trek feature, but you are only interested in making a feature? Fine, go make a feature. Can’t write poetry? As you said: go make something else.

CBS isn’t stopping you from being creative.

I didn’t say anything about lazy. I said creators create. Why are you so hung up on making a Star Trek film as the basis of being creative or not?

Really? That’s what you’re going with? Not the fact that people lived in a totalitarian state...

In the meantime, you live here, demanding more and more to make a fan film.

Yeah. I can see who the victim is here.

You can choose to accept the challenge of making a fan film under the guidelines. Literally. You can choose to make a fan film or not.

tharpdevenport and Jedman67 like this.
  6. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think he's referring to the state of copyright law at the time. The length of copyright has been extended retroactively numerous times.
    Well, considering I can't make a fan film without potentially risking every penny I have plus potential garnished wages, I'd say that's a pretty hard circumstance to be in. For most people, those are life destroying consequences. I don't see it as worth the risk.
    They can do both, and I don't see how one could write pages and pages of material and not be creative.
    Never said they were. ;)
    Many of them died because it was a totalitarian state, so what's your point. You brought up the gulags, after all, and yes, that was a potential consequence for writing something the state didn't like.
    I'm not demanding. I'm simply refusing to make fan films under those circumstances and expressing my opinions regarding those circumstances.
    The people who struggle to read your messages?
    I choose not, and so long as the Guidelines are CBS's last work on the matter, I will continue to choose that option.

7. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now its time for the Excelsior NX/NCC-2000!

8. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    Much better than how Peters would handle "Dilbert".

Oh, his attempt to greatly extend the page count of this thread. Well, I fell for it.

9. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, man. Does that mean if we bypass that, we aim for the Defiant? NCC-74205? That's a lot of pages!

Firebird likes this.
  10. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had posted a couple times on page 1701, and every time I was afraid I'd be the one to push the count to 1702, so it was an enormous relief when you took that bullet for me. Thanks! ;)

11. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Prelude to Ax'd-We-Are
    Created by Mr. Mark Largent, creator of Stalled Trek and multiple other parodies

<The believer's version of Mr. Largent and Prelude to Ax'd-We-Are>
    "Mark went on to say how much he loved and supported Axanar ...... In the end, all we wanted to do was have some fun and give Axanar fans a chuckle."

--The different version of the same event by Mr. Largent--

<Mr. Largent himself came purposfully to this, TheThread, to publicly say>
    "In two years of being on YouTube, Amutt Time only had 1,300 views before being featured on their blog.

"Prelude to Ax'd-We-Are has had over 5,000 views in the first 24 hours!

"So, if you're looking for the secret motivation behind my choosing the subject matter, you might want to compare those numbers. ...

"I'm not an official Axanar supporter, as I did not back the Kickstarter or Indie-Go-Go campaigns (I don't even have access to their closed Facebook group),

"but I did really like Prelude to Axanar

"I'm in it for the laughs."

The Recap:

the believer who worked on Prelude to Ax'd-We-Are ascribed this to Mr. Largent:
    'He said he loves & supports axanar & wanted to make Prelude to Ax'd-We-Are to give axanar fans a chuckle.'

What Mr. Largent, the Creator of Prelude to Ax'd-We-Are actually said:
    'I really liked Prelude to Axanar. I did not back the axanar productions and am not an official supporter. My viewer-ship numbers soared after [the believer] interviewed me about my creations on Stalled Trek. I thought Prelude To Axanar could be fun to parody. I asked [the believer] to work with me. My viewer-ship skyrocketed. I did it for the laughs and the viewer numbers.'

As of this posting Prelude to Ax'd-We-Are has had 16,567 views.

Mr. Largent: "So, if you're looking for the secret motivation behind my choosing the subject matter, you might want to compare those numbers"

12. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    This is the thread that never ends.
    Yes, it goes on and on my friends...

Let's face it, with the propensity of some in this corner of the board to beat a dead horse to ashes, this thread will never dry up.

13. Campe

74656 it is.

14. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

We need to get to page 74656! That's Voyagers number. LOL (Edit, crap, Campe98 beat me to it!)

I will now decree, That on May 9th, in the year of our lord 2018, that this thread hit the magical number of 1701 pages. As such, he who shall not be named, is absolved of all his sins and shall go forth and spread peace and prosperity to the world! All donors that he has wronged will receive double his or her money back and Star Trek fan films will thus be restored to a pre-guidelines state. Amen.. ;)

Philip Guyott, Firebird and Campe like this.
  15. Campe

Yeeeeah. No.

lol

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Speak of that, the next 2000 pages of this thread will revolve around the topic of: Has there really been 70000 Starships between TOS and Voyager?? - Discuss LOL

17. Campe

Yes. But they were all Excelsior class. Hence 95% of the ships we saw in TNG.

Jedman67 and Matthew Raymond like this.
  18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Or Miranda's ! especially in DS9

19. Campe

Okay, so other than the Constellation-Class Stargazer, we're saying there was no movement at all on ship designs from 2293 to 2364. Got it. :p

20. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been here for 1,491 of the 1,703 pages of TheThread (as of this posting). Since day 13 of TheThread which already had page 217 pages. :lol: Been here aprox 800 days from Jan. 11, 2016 thru today, May 9, 2018.

Sometimes it was a whirlwind keeping up with the defendant's whiplash alterations of what he previously said and did. Sometimes it was personal researching weeks on end for comfirmable data & facts. A big ole basket of emotions about people who declare themselves Star Trek fans. New things to learn. New fan productions to be introduced to. So many questions. On the other hand so many answers too.

The lawsuit's settled, the pirate defendant is mostly not damaging other fans and fan productions at this time, it's page 1702 and I assume TheThread will soon be locked and sent to the Smithsonian as a historical display.

So keep a weather eye out for pirates. They sneak up on you and will certainly try to take your money. And this pirate has years of history of doing so with a great big winning smile.

It's all happened before with this pirate; losing lawsuits, hundreds of thousands of dollars of missing money previously & not related to the current $1.5M discussed in TheThread, falsifications, shill companies, shill purchasers to drive up sales prices of the products the pirate sells, a winning smile when face to face with people, spinning dreams and picking pockets, abuse heaped out with a keyboard on those who don't toe his pirate line without question during each revision whim of everything the pirate's said & done. Crying poor and living large on other people's money. Yo ho ho. ....I'm willing to bet it will happen again.

Pirates.

Keep a weather eye out.

ThankYouGener signing out of TheThread.
    Computer, end transmission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.