CBS orders pilots for Magnum, PI , Cagney and Lacey reboots

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

When will they crossover with a show that exists under the JAG/NCIS universe? Where the TV show Magnum P.I. starring Tom Selleck exists.

2. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

They already referenced 5.0 in the pilot, where the characters once sang the Magnum theme.

This was pretty slight, but I liked it enough to watch next week.

The casting was good* - always glad to see Sung Kang.

Mainly, though, this is right in line with CBS's apparent overall programming strategy: rely upon police procedurals and/or the leveraging of familiar old properties to produce anodyne "dramas" in hopes of reassuring and holding on to their aging audience: CSI, NCIS, STD, Hawaii Five 0, Blue Bloods...

*By which I mean, every episode should feature Perdita Weeks doing yoga with that self-satisfied half smile.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

So Magnum is set in the JAG universe which makes it a bit confusing since they've already mentioned in Hawaii Five-0 that Magnum there is a TV show.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Or it could be the mustache all on its own! I mean, it's a character all of its own! :D

Oh, just wait until they reboot JAG. It's bound to happen and things will be even more confusing.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

With all these Navy/Marine-related shows in the JAGiverse or whatever, I'm surprised they haven't tried a medical-themed show set at the Bethesda Naval Hospital.

Caretaker likes this.
  6. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Watched the new Hawaii Five-0 and thought I was watching the pilot of the 60's show. It took 9 seasons for them to get to the Cocoon?

7. Serveaux

I was looking for a resource image for something and discovered that there is a pretty big Magnum P.I. fan website.

Stands to reason.

It's disheartening to discover, again, that all media fandoms are pretty much the same. It was pretty worthless unless you're looking for a fight.

Nerys Myk likes this.
  8. Serveaux

It's CBS, so it must be terrorists.