CBS All Access

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by worf1965, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Update. I was able to finish the episode by downloading the app on my phone, but I'm still having the same problem on my laptop. In fact, I tried watching the season premiere, Brother, and the same thing happened. As soon as it got to the commercials, it just stopped. Maybe it's not an issue with CBSSA, it was my computer? Any tech savvy people out there with any ideas?

2. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    It has worked perfectly with Amazon Prime for us.
    We haven't had any problems with it.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

just wondering...anything new appearing on ALL Access until May 20 (when my free pass expires). Trying to finish Discovery but should have a few hours left.

4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Star Trek related? No.
    Everything else? Don't know.

5. worf1965

worf1965 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I had the same problem on my smart TV. No problems on my phone.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I actually took to watching the episodes on my laptop until it freezes at the commercials, then watch the commercials on the app on my phone and then refreshing the laptop after commercials are over and it picksup in the right spot.

7. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't have CBSAA but i find when similar issues happen with netflix/stan/amazon I usually have to log out of the app and sometimes restart my xbox. That usually gets things going again.

Another thing to consider is internet traffic with ISP. For a while with my ISP i would notice a definite decline in quality and buffering/connectivity issues during peak times, like between 7pm and 9pm for example.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  8. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I only ever had one weird problem on CBSAA while watching Picard. The ep got about halfway through (it's the one where Picard and Soji are talking in the mess hall), and while nothing froze, the visuals strangely got out of alignment with the dialogue. While the dialogue between the two continued normally, the visuals switched back to events from about 15 minutes earlier (when Seven was activating systems on the Artifact). At first I thought it was some weird flashback and then realized it had no relation to their conversation. :rommie: I logged out and refreshed it and it played normally after that, but I don't know what caused the malfunction. I've never seen it in other eps even if I've had other tabs open doing stuff while watching. Nor has it occurred on anything I've watched with Netflix.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  9. RPOW0614

RPOW0614 Commander Red Shirt

Update:
    My original post said I was having no problems. That was premature.

On my two year old Samsung Smart TV I routinely have to update\reinstall the CBS All Access app. When I "hit" the app it just goes to the spinning wheel and never recovers. I have to go into the App menu and access it thru that. Even then it's 50/50 if it works the first time.

A minor problem but it is persistent.
    No problems with any of my many other apps on this TV or the All Acess app on other smart TV's. It may just be unique to this particular model of TV.

10. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I watch it on Amazon Prime, so no problems.

RAMA

11. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

There was a season 1 episode that just would not play on my phone. I could see the icon for it, but when I tapped it, the subsequent episode would play instead. This just started suddenly, as I had been able to play the episode before. Closing and restarting the app didn’t help.

Unfortunately, I never figured out what happened and just moved on. Good luck. :)

12. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been watching CBSAA since DSC premiered in 2017. I have never had a problem, short of one small glitch during "Lethe." Otherwise it's been completely smooth through 2 seasons of DSC, 1 of TZ and 1 of PIC.

I stream it directly off the app on an XBox One X. I've also steamed it directly on my iPad. Again, no problems.

It always seems weird to me that others struggle. I've just never experienced that.

13. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've had issues like this on Amazon Prime with certain shows (looks in 30 rock's general direction). I had to delete my viewing history to get the episodes to play again.