CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mooch, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I Second that...

2. Jadzia Dax

Jadzia Dax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah but WTF is this description from BBC regarding the pilot:

Huh???? :wtf: I can't even begin to fathom what it was they were describing except perhaps they don't even know the difference between Bakula and Trinneer, nor what the context of the Decon chamber was supposed to be. :rolleyes:

3. fourlights4me

fourlights4me Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enterprise was not the best show on TV, but it was better than many. Enterprise was not even the best Star Trek, but after three tough seasons, it was starting to be Star Trek in its fourth year. RIP STE.

PS: I'll miss the gazelle speaches the most.

4. Komet155

Komet155 Commodore Commodore

My sentiments exactly. :(

Is there ANY chance Paramount might find another outlet for this show to keep it on the air?

5. Chang

Chang Admiral Admiral

Only if we as fans can show Paramount there is still a large Star Trek fan base ready and willing to watch. We can do this by sending letters of support for Enterprise. If your not a fan of Enterprise then send your letter of support for Star Trek in general. Show your support by purchasing DVDs, Books, etc. Go to conventions and support fan films.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I third that... :lol:

7. Captain Spot

Captain Spot Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

UPN is a worthless network.

What's really frustrating though is that the series is FINALLY living up to its potential as a prequel this year, and they only get one year to do it. I liked seasons 1-3 and all, but the storylines could've been set in the 25th century just as easily. Season 4 finally feels like what Enterprise was supposed to be. And now it's over.

Oh my god, They killed Enterprise. You bastards!

8. philgthompson

philgthompson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The context of the Decon chamber - for those unclear - was to be a ratings stunt and a bit of blue.

Anyway, I thought about this and I realised that after watching the season finale of Stargate Atlantis and the second part of the latest SG1 episode that I don't really care. The sad thing is that NEM and ENT served as my divorce lawyers from the Trek franchise. The first was an abomination and the second was consistently mediocre and frequently boring. It had pciekd up a bit recently but mostly my being self referential which is not something that is going to excit the ratings - merely the Trek fans who already watch. The even sadder thing is that if something like the new battlestar was cancelled I would be really annoyed but this news fails to get any emotion at all.

9. enlisted person

enlisted person Admiral Admiral

Well, it may not spell the end of trek. :) I just read this
    . He is the link , it was on the AP Enterpise link

10. RicardoHead

RicardoHead Fleet Captain

• UPN can KMA

11. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

Happpy Birthday. I hope the rest of your day gets better.

12. Slider

Slider Rear Admiral

Not that I'm criticizing...but just to put things into perspective, a teenage daughter of a friend of mine had her 16th birthday on 9/11. :( It could be a lot worse.

13. Slider

Slider Rear Admiral

I guess I'm just taking this a bit easier than many because I'm a Browncoat, first and foremost... Firefly DID get screwed by a network, so it's easier for me to see that sort of thing when it happens.

I think the Enterprise situation is the exact opposite of what happened to Firefly. Enterprise was the victim of producers who didn't care, while Firefly had a producer who very much cared but was on a network determined to kill the show in the cradle.

So as I've said before, I don't think UPN is to blame, but frankly, there's nothing else I'm interested in on that network, either...so unlike the active boycott against Fox, I'm just not watching UPN due to a simple lack of interest.

But for those who want to save Enterprise, well, don't give up. We Browncoats can tell you that doing the impossible can make you mighty. :)

14. ZZYFRX

ZZYFRX Commodore Commodore

Today is my birthday too, Mogh. And to be honest, I'm not upset. No offense to the Enterprise fans, but for me Star Trek has been shit since the end of DS9. The last two series have lacked originality and passion, and thanks to the Killer B's I haven't been excited about Trek in the last five years.

Trek has lived for over 40 years, but it's finally lived out it's usefulness. It's time to let go and enjoy some other shows.

15. dmouse

dmouse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My personal, official EAT SHIT AND DIE list;

*UPN
    *Les Moonbeam
    *UPN
    *PARAMOUNT
    *UPN

Finally, last but definitely not least, all you giddy little bashers who have done nothing but criticize Ent. for 4 years, and who are now undoubtedly peeing your little pants as you do a happy dance in your parents basements........

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

16. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Warning for trolling. You were fine until the last paragraph about the bashers.

17. dmouse

dmouse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

With all the crap that flows through this forum, I don't see the problem with my post. Far worse has gone unchallenged. With all due respect, perhaps you will explain it to me!

18. Jadzia Dax

Jadzia Dax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Much of what ENT did was ratings stunts, in that case, a tacky, below-the-belt-one at that, which drove me to come back into 'net posting after seeing such nonsense week after week, to complain. However what my post was referencing was BBC's error regarding the events of the pilot.

Atlantis has been hit or miss and SG-1 is creeping on its last leg.

IMHO, the lastest drek called BSG also needs to go by the wayside. It's incredible how Moore has managed to brainwash folks by simply stating certain fallacies enough times in the media that the weak-minded assume it's true, whereas in reality, the show is nothing more than a rehash of '80s television, retooled for the soundbite generation, and complete with shakey cameras, little or no plot or direction, and bad acting save for Olmos and McDonnell.

If this is what is supposed to be the watershed for sci fi, then count me out. I'll try "The 4400", when it premieres this summer.

19. Top41

Sorry, Watch Commander, but I think this is going too far. Let the mods handle people when they post something out of line. The 'up your shaft' and the rest of this isn't apprpriate. Warning for trolling.

20. Top41

Taking a dig at the bashers and telling them to 'eat s**t and die' pretty much did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.