CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mooch, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enterpriser

Enterpriser Fleet Admiral

The United States Of America GOD'S COUNTRY.
    ^^Preach it, Kethinov! Mindless reality series live, whereas Star Trek: Enterprise is cancelled.

There is seemingly no justice in network ratings decisions.

I would not spend even a fraction of a minute to watch any of UPN's non-Trek shows. Never have. Never will. They are pretty much crap on a stick.

But still such non-Trek shows remain on the air. I guess the other networks had to have a place to dump their garbage.

2. PG15

PG15 Admiral Admiral

*sigh*

This sucks, so much for Fridays...

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

"We'll always have Vulcan."

4. Malak

Malak Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Goodbye Enterprise, it was a fun ride (well some of it ;)). I suspect Star Trek will rise from the ashes someday. I'm looking forward to the last 10 Enterprise episodes and the DVDs.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Damn! This sucks big time!

6. Evilash111

Evilash111 Lieutenant Red Shirt

KEEP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ANOTHER NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. romulanstar675

romulanstar675 Commander Red Shirt

This is so true! I am in my late 30's & I like a wide range of shows, mostly on cable & not network. I know a lot of people that are from their teens (nieces & nephews & their friends) to 20 somethings, people in my general age range & older folks, & I have NEVER heard of or saw ANY of them tune to UPN for anything! I can't figure out who the hell watches (besides Trek fans watching ENT) this terrible excuse for a network! The people who frequent UPN are probably people we Trek/ENT fans would never encounter in our lives except in trailer(meth lab) parks & wrestling matches. Now that ENT is toast, UPN can once again fill their Friday time slot with brainless drivel "reality" crap or "hip" urban "comedy".

UPN, go away! We're through with you! :scream:

8. fraggle

fraggle Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm in the UK so I've just found this out over breakfast.

*cry*

9. janek

janek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do you need a hug?

Damn.

10. PG15

PG15 Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind one.

It's strange, I keep hearing the last few seconds of Similitude in my head, that music as Sim is buried in space...and it hurts really bad.

11. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I think he does.

*Hugs PG15, oh and hugs fraggle. Welcome to the board, fraggle. Not much of a welcome though. :(

-J.

12. Lying Dutch

Lying Dutch Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just turned on my pc. Surfed to Star Trek.nl and there it was. My first reaction:

G##verdomme, stelletje k###tzakken!!

Which is probably a good dutch translation for the language I have found around here. I'v been watching Star Trek from around 13 years old. I'll really miss it. If it ever comes back? I do not know. Do I want it to come back? Of course.

We always have the reruns.

13. janek

janek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Come 'ere. {{{{{hug}}}}}

Damn.

14. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Yeah Fraggle, I konw the feeling: I'm at work right now and I really have difficulty to focus this morning.
    I belong to a generation of fans who had to wait a fucking long time for new trek. Trek is, was (Jesus, I can't believe I'm using past tense!!!!), the only reason I turned on TV on a regular basis, my only self-indulgence. Reality TV is cheap and doesn't cost a dime compared to TV series, so be it! But I don't think TPTB the realize the extensive damage this type of product cause on the population. We are witnessing the dumbing of the homo-sapiens. Way to go, guys! You have changed one of my consumer habits: I turn off TV!

15. Gruzurg

Gruzurg Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This is sad. Enterprise had it's ups and downs, but in the end it was one of only two series I followed on a regular basis. Sad news indeed.

16. Mentalist

Mentalist Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Vulcan Trilogy was among the best Trek has ever offered.... there I said it.

Bashing it is all fine and dandy but if Trek gets cancelled and is creating quality shows I see it as a blow to the franchise not only one incarnation of it.

Being glad its gone is fine but its a sad day for ST when it cant stand the network storm even on solid shows.

We will probably not see trek again for over 5 years.. maybe sooner mayber later..

But it is not good regardless.

I blame B&B for being too proud when the show was floundering in S1- as we see in the latter half of S3 and all of S4 the show had great potential. I am sad to see a show go that was doing great and daring stuff.

It was a matter of too little too late but its depressing nonetheless.

17. PG15

PG15 Admiral Admiral

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

18. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

This is exactly right.

For three years those guys stayed in denial...and tried to get *us* to buy into it too with that "We are all very pleased" crapola. Well, it didn't work. And by the time their gigantic egos were deflated enough by cancellation threats so as to allow them to call for help and get Manny Coto in, it was too friggin' late. :mad:

Shows get cancelled all the time for much worse reasons than the ones given for ENT. UPN even gave it another year in hopes it would turn around.

These days, I like the show for the first time since early season one, and am therefore very sad about the cancellation. But the reality of the situation is that the show lost most of its viewership years ago...when B&B were just phoning it in.

Don't blame UPN or Paramount or Moonves or whoever. Networks and Studios are in business for one reason and one reason only - to make money. ENT was losing fans by the truckload for three years running. It wasn't making them any money. So they cancelled it. Nothing personal - just plain 'ole business.

The blame for the cancellation of ENT should be placed squarely on the doorstep of those to whom it belongs - Berman & Braga. For 3 years, they gave us barely anything that was worthy of the Star Trek name, and in thier arrogance, thought we would watch it anyway. They were wrong...and because they waited so long to bring in the calvary, Manny never really had a chance. :(

This totally bums me out as this season, the show has been very good. I hope Manny finds another show work on though. Maybe Ron Moore will take him in. We can only hope.

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I can understand your point of view, and I don't like going and just slamming everything that is involved in ENT's cancellation, but UPN is a horrible horrible network. Look what wasn't cut: Kevin Hill? The Parkers?! :wtf: These shows remained, but ENT was cancelled. It still doesn't make sense. UPN's coverage of ENT was abysmal, and their advertising was almost non existent. I remember seeing one ENT ad. The night it came on television. And during ENT I would see 5 ads for the Parkers, 3 for Kevin Hill, Smackdown, etc.

So, while I understand what you mean, UPN gets my ire for now.

-J.

20. LeandroTLZ

LeandroTLZ Commander Red Shirt

^ Darn right. Them and their "we are all very pleased any crap with the Trek name will sell" mindset "pleased" Enterprise into cancellation. I guess they're very darn pleased now! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.