Call of Duty 5 SUCKS! Dont waste your money!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lookingglassman, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I have played many going all the way back to Wolfenstein 3D. COD WaW beats pretty much all of them.

2. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

3. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

I found the Thompson really irritating at first but now I've unlocked the ammo drum I find it much more useful. Still, I haven't found a weapon i 'click' with as completely as I did the GC-36 on COD4...

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Taking into account availability by levels, my load-out reads:STV, 3x grenades-camo-2cndChance
    Thompson w/aperture, sticky-satchel-camo-marty(my tank-killer class)
    heavy machinegun(varies) with 3x grenades-camo-endurance
    Gewehr w/silencer(for achievment), grenades(gas)3x,camo,2cndChance
    BAR, sticky-satchel-camo-marty(for tank-killing on Roundhouse and Outskirts)
    MP-40 sticky-satchel-camo-marty(for Asylum and Dome-I'm getting good at nailing fools with satchels on those little maps)

For Seelow I take my Thompson class-my record to date with this(or any) load-out is 6 tanks single-handedly destroyed-I'm still working out that "underneath satchel" thing in a way that won't get me killed before I can detonate
    Courtyard the STV or Heavy Machinegun
    Makin gets the Gewehr or MP-40, depending on the other team's tactics
    Cliffside is usually rifle territory unless the other team gets too cute with snipers-then I go Thompson, sneak into their backfield and begin chucking satchels from behind.

Downfall gets the Thompson or BAR class.

Once I get the STG-44 I dump BAR and set up a second STG as a killer class instead of a tank killer. The STV goes away to make room, the Gewehr has rifle grenades at this point, the Thompson gets a drum and any non-tank killer class starts packing bouncing betties instead of grenades.

No surprise-the other team usually has a few choice comments for me after a match!:lol:

5. P4CMAN

P4CMAN Ensign Red Shirt

my classes are:
    popcorn;gewer w/ gnade launcher,stopping pwr, 2nd chance
    tommygun; ppsh-41, bandolier, stopin pwr, 2nd chance
    chatter; BAR, bandolier, stopin pwr, 2nd chance
    stiggy; STG-44 w/ aperture sight, bandolier, stopin pwr, matrydom
    snippy;Kar 98k w/ sniper scope, betties, stopin pwr, steady aim

wat about zombies wats the best strategy?

6. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

A quick check of the thread would reveal that yes, we have.

7. P4CMAN

P4CMAN Ensign Red Shirt

wats ur strategy and wats the highest lvl you've gotten to?
    mines 20

8. Mistral

I'd call this an optimist's load-out. Bandolier on a Stig? Why bother-9 out of 10 times you'll be dead before the ammo runs out. And you don't need stopping power on it-it stops just great with 2-3 bullets. Controlled firing is the key. Re: zombies-learn the SUpreme Glitch. My buddy turned off his box when he hit level 666. He knows how to glitch/sit so that the zombies kill themselves without hurting him. He set it up and went to bed! Came back 15 hours later to pull the plug. Check the leaderboard-he's FBIAcesWild.

9. P4CMAN

P4CMAN Ensign Red Shirt

wats the supreme glitch? and how do u do it?

tommy gun is actualy the tomphson w/ round drum

anybody else got a more detailed strategy?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  10. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Loving the Castle glitch at the moment. Amazes me the number of people that use it but don't know that you can get up to the top of the map. They just sit there by the flag.

Some git sat at the top of the map sniping from the blown out building by B. Got out of the map, went all the way to the top, on the wall and finally onto a roof outside the map overlooking the said sniping point. Picked him off 5 or 6 times with headshots before he stopped trying to go there.

11. P4CMAN

P4CMAN Ensign Red Shirt

how do u do the glitch on downfall where u get under the map? i heard u can swim under the map

12. Angel4576

You Tube's the best way of learning how to do it.

I've never got that one to work, although, to be fair, I haven't really tried that much.

13. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well after hearing about all these glitches this morning, I'm kind of losing my enthusiasm for this game. And it also explains something that happened to me the one time I did play it online. I have no clue what the map was called, but I kept dying from an apparent invisible man, and the killcam kept showing me being shot by someone under the map.

I guess that's what passes for sportsmanship these days. :rolleyes:

14. P4CMAN

P4CMAN Ensign Red Shirt

wat do u think is better g43 w/ gnade or m1garand w/ sniper scope?
    for hardcore search
    and for the castle glitvh if somebody on the other team get under before u, u can kis goin under the map goodbye. this one guy went 33 and 1. he just kept pickin up other peoples guns

15. Angel4576

There are different levels of glitches. Some are genuine, whilst others are just really decent kill points/camping spots. You've also got the RPG trick and the bayonet jump thing as well.

As far as I know, the under-map ones are on Castle and Downfall. There was one on Roundhouse but I'm pretty sure that that got fixed in the first update that got released.

If it's any consolation gh4chiefs, if you get up to the sniping point on Castle at the top of the map you've got a perfect firing solution on anyone trying to get into the under-map glitch. You can pick them off time after time after time. Once they get under there though, there's no way of getting them, other than to go in after them, but if they've got any brains at all, the first thing they'll have done when getting under, is plant a betty at the glitch point.

I'm not too bothered about the morality of people glitching. More often than not, no glitch is easy to get into, and there's a good chance that they'll end up getting rinsed before they do it. The Castle one is a good example. If someone gets under there, they're going to rack up the kills, but on the flip side, if you know where the glitch is you can pick off people who try and do it relatively easily. So for me, it's swings and roundabouts.

16. Mistral

The castle glitch is easy to beat-betties at the entrance and if someone slips by have 1-2 teammates wander into the courtyard by the glitch when you have artillery. As soon as the jerk under the map fires on them, lay the arty strike on his dot. It goes right through the glitch like its not there, resulting in a dead glitch-er.

17. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have not been shot from outside the map since beta.

18. gh4chiefs

My point is, what is the point of "glitching" in a competitive match? So you rack up a bunch of kills? So what? What ever happened to earning your score instead of cheating to get it. What about having some self respect about yourself? Incidentally I don't mean you personally Angel, I'm using "you" in the broad sense.

Look I play this game straight up and I suck at it and I get my butt handed to me regularily. There are TONS of players out there that are better than me and can kick my ass with impunity. And while it can be frustrating at times, I accept my own weaknesses and strive to get better. And on those rare days when I have a good game and come out on top, I know I've earned it. But then to get killed by some cheapshot pussy that has to hide under the map, or exploit some other glitch, well that just ruins the experience. And frankly, people doing it ought to be banned.

19. Mistral

The problem is, not enough Klingons play. No sense of honor. :)

20. gh4chiefs