Bryan Singer sex abuse allegations

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by the G-man, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

To my mind it that's adding to the fishy smell and sounds like they are trying for a second bite of the cherry after the first one left them high and dry even though they had one.

If Singer was a member of ring as claimed, it would have made sense to go after after as many of them as possible where a case could be made i.e if Singer was in on it as claimed then he should have been named in the first lawsuit.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Smallville: Traveler (#7.14)" (2008)

Lex Luthor: What secret was so important that you and your friends built a group around it?
    Lionel Luthor: Oh, think about it, Lex. Skull & Bones, Scroll & Key, the Delphic. The rich have secret societies. The others have poker nights.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Casas9425

Casas9425 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Also if this is supposed to be a huge sex ring then where the hell are the other victims? Why has no one come out and accused these 4 guys other than Egan? The whole thing doesn't add up.

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

You're moving the goal posts. Your statement was bigoted, ignorant, and painted millions of law abiding gay people as pedophiles, or potential pedophiles, out to groom children. I don't appreciate being called a pedophile, and it's not a joke. Your post is disgusting.

6. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Because people like you and most of the others in this thread make people terrified of speaking of out.

7. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

NAMBLA is believed to have just over 1000 members nationwide. It has no physical headquarters, organizational structure or regular meetings. Its philosophy has been repudiated by all mainstream gay advocacy groups. Organized Star Trek fandom has more power and influence than NAMBLA.

8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

What are you talking about?

9. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Freedom of speech does not mean immunity from criticism.

10. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Block that metaphor! :lol:

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Fish? Somebody mention fish?

12. Greylock Crescent

Took the bait, didntchya? ;)

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Eh...even if you were to buy into The Mutant thing as being a Gay Metaphor, and then buy into the "secret message" the movie is sending about Recruiting young men, the young men are all Mutants, they aren't being turned into Mutants, so, the Metaphor doesn't work for trying to recruit young Straight men into Teh Gayz. So, IMHO, it does indeed read as a simple attack

14. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

The point is that assholes have no problem jumping all over the accusers while steadfastily defending the accused to the ends of the earth. Just look at this thread as a perfect example. Accusers of sexual crimes are, apparently, guilty until proven innocent, and treated like filthy scumbags by all. And the same assholes then wonder why -- why oh why -- more people don't come out to back them up. It's a complete mystery!

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's also a circle of doom.

The more people lie about getting raped / molested the less likely that the ones who actually are will speak out because others won't believe them. How about we wait until all the info is given in a court of law.

But some people here seem to jump on the idea that all gay men are child rapists even when all the info, year after year, shows that the vast majority are straight people and are related to the victim. But also, if Bryan Singer was straight and was accused of molesting a girl would this topic have even been started? And I'm certain the answer is no.

16. Amaris

Amaris Guest

So what you're saying is that you're upset that people are siding with someone without giving fair consideration to the other party.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The accuser waited 15 years, until a completely different movie producer wanted to make a movie about his story.

It's fishy.

I'm assuming that this rape happened in California?

http://rainn.org/public-policy/legal-resources/california/statutes-of-limitations

18. Greylock Crescent

Methinks you're not properly representing the majority of statements in this thread. Who has claimed that the accuser is "guilty until proven innocent"? Typically, people have raised questions about the veracity of the accuser's claims, while still acknowledging that if abuse did occur, it ought to be prosecuted.

The majority of objections that I have seen have more to do with the bigoted conflation of an alleged sex crime with the notion that, somehow, there's a "gay agenda" that is preposterously tied into NAMBLA. Those ignorant posts are certainly worthy of every challenge, criticism, and label they receive.

But if you think there are posts that are claiming the accuser is "guilty until proven innocent" then, by all means, quote those posts and criticize them. That is, after all, your prerogative.

19. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I personally would love to see some quotes from the "assholes" referenced in this post. Reviewing the thread, I have not seen any such persons.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

What is so accusatory about asking why the accuser would continue traveling from State to State following this group around after the first supposed Rape? It's a legitimate question, and I can't think of an answer that makes sense, unless it either didn't happen, or he enjoyed what was happening.

What is so accusatory about questioning the use of the word Pedophile. Pedophile is a highly charged word, and speaks specifically about Pre-pubescent children, not 15 - 17 year olds.

What is so wrong and accusatory about asking for an explanation of why XMen is being accused of promoting indoctrinating young straight men into being Gay, when so many other stories are about talented/gifted Teens being sent to a school where they can be accepted and have their gifts honed? Stories such as Harry Potter or even Star Wars? Hell, Star Wars is way closer to the analogy with NAMBLA and Older Men indoctrinating young boys. Anakin was what 6 or 8 years old when they found him, and Yoda complained he was getting too old? Or How about Ender's Game, which was written by a very Anti-Gay man, who actually spends/spent his own money on a Crusade against Gays?