Bringing back to life the Apollo Class

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Starship, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Well... again, a loooong time has passed since the last update in this thread...

Familly and job takes precedence and don´t let me to much free time. Anyway, I´m playing with sketchup again, trying one more time to build a new incarnation of the old Apollo Class, a ship designed by Eric Peterson loooong time ago (1998), when the Wolfpack team still walked on Earth. :) Since my mesh isn´t totally true to the original version, I will call it the MKII. In the current stage, the sensor/weapons pod and naceles are still placeholders which I got from and old low polly from Bridge Commander game, but the main shape is there. Still a lot to do:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

StarCruiser, Atolm, Gibraltar and 2 others like this.
  2. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

Always good to see you back at it, nice (re)start! :)

Starship likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

looks good so far :)

Starship likes this.
  4. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is a really beautiful ship and mesh bro! I have always wondered 2 things concerning the sensor pods: First-If they are attached on what appears to be seperated "pylons" are they modular individually from each other? Second-Has anyone ever flipped those pods backwards? As in the front being the wider part of the pods leading into the trailing longer, thinner sections. Just wondering is all.

5. Finn

Finn Admiral Admiral

I love that.

Starship likes this.
  6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Always loved this design - much better than the Nebula, IMO. Can’t wait to see the final product!

Starship likes this.
  7. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Thanks Chris!
    Yeah, the ship has two pods and two pylons, which also have weapons in the middle
    About a version with pods flipped backwards, I don´t know... I never saw a version like this. Therefore, I saw a version with just one rounded (dish) pod, like the one we see in nebula class variant.