Borg vs kenetic weapons

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by TheMasterOfOrion, Jun 14, 2009.

1. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

The Borg learned first hand the dangers of kinetic weapons, when the mighty captain Robau put his foot up their collective asses.

2. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Preach it, brother!

3. Omega_Glory

Omega_Glory Commodore

I curious, what is it about Robau that makes people think he is such a bad ass? I got the impression he was just another Starfleet captain.

4. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

Didn't Voyager beam a photon torpedo into a Borg cuboid/rectangle/interceptor?

I think it goes something like this:
    -Your ship just got it's arse handed to it by an unknown vessel ten times longer, wider, and with weapons that you can't resist.
    -You yourself are ordered to go aboard the ship alone, unarmed in a shuttle, so you get a nice ride of seeing up close how big said ship is.
    -Your surrounded by a horde of angry looking Romulans, demanding questions of you.

Most people's reaction to said situation would probably be pissing oneself, the average Trek captain we've seen before maybe fares a little better. Apart from an elevated heart beat reading, we don't see Robau bat an eyelid. Not only does he calmly answer a few questions, but also demands to know
    What give YOU the right to attack a Federation vessel?

The fact that no 'minor' Star Trek captain has been shown to have that kind of ballsiness is why he is known as a badass.