Blender's worst artists in music history

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Nerdius Maximus, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Wow, that writer isn't going to make many friends. He probably just put The Doors in there so it generated some controversy over an article no one would otherwise give a damn about. I'm surprised he didn't include Elvis Presley or Bob Dylan, because from his comments on Crash Test Dummies, he seems to have a thing against singers with funny voices like Dylan (that's a joke - Dylan fans please don't firebomb me ;) or singers who get fat like Jim Morrison and Elvis.

Alex

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Bad enough to have The Doors on the list but no worst music artists list is complete without the likes of Nickelback, Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Backstreet Boys....

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I totally agree with what is at no.1 though.

But any list that brands Jamiroquai as "talentless" is worthy of nought but the bin. Jay Kay might be ripping off Stevie Wonder, but the band are anything but talentless.

5. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen that list before and, to be honest, I enjoyed reading it. It probably helps that I'm not a fan of any of the acts on the list (including The Doors), but come on, no one wants to read an article like that and find a roll call of forgettable teen idols, do they?

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

The article just comes across as someone who hates music. He also also seems to have a thing against Canadian musicians, and by that, I mean that they list an artist's appalling fact as being Canadian. This alone discredits the article for me.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

That is what makes them great! :lol:

8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

^ :lol: :lol:

Crash Test Dummies are ok, but all their songs sound the same to me.

Seems he left a lot off the list that deserve to be included.

Color Me Badd though, I remember when I was a kid and I hated them with a fiery passion.

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Yeah, this music list is the list of a wanna be hater. It's like Rolling Stone's 50 Best lists, which just go with the flow of the teen scene. Plus, it's from Maxim. They're too busy selling Axe deodorant, and showing side boob and top crack, to know anything about music.

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

No list that omits UB40 can be taken seriously.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Blender's worst movies of all time:

1. BloodRayne
    2. Highlander 2: The Quickening
    3. The Godfather
    4. Apocalypse Now
    5. Batman & Robin
    6. Meet the Spartans
    7. Lawrence of Arabia
    8. E.T.
    9. White Chicks
    10. Raiders of the Lost Ark

;)

12. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that appalling fact. I like them. They can at least claim to sound unique, unlike say, Nickelback and any of their copycats.

13. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any list like this that doesn't include The Eagles, let alone place them at #1 with a bullet is complete horseshit. That is all.

14. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

First off, The Eagles are awsome. I can't stand Music magazines these days, they aren't worth a shit. The only one that has any credible journalists is Rolling Stone. All that bieng said, I can't say I disagree with this list all that much. I do disagree with The Doors bieng on the list. I also disagree with Arested Development and Blind Melon bieng on the list. This guy does seem like a jagoff though.

15. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

What a strange list. It seems equal parts obvious criticism of artists everyone knows are terrible and then rage-filled backlash at bands that achieved popularity.

A better name for this list would be, "50 Artists That Undeservedly Achieved Popularity," because that's what it really is. :lol:

16. Rett Mikhal

Rett Mikhal Captain

They already have that list.

17. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Add in Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit also. But the list was written at the start of year, so most people wouldn't known of Bieber I think.
    Agreed, but Nickelback will always be the worse band in my eyes. This list kinder reminds me of the Max's A to Z of Shit Music

18. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

The list doesn't include Savage Garden and thus is even more utterly meaningless than these sorts of lists usually are. Pure, unadulterated shit in recorded form.

Another worthy contender. :bolian:

19. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems to be a combination of the usual suspects(Celine, Kenny, Michael) which doesn't show much imagination, and a kind of "I know what real rock & roll is" pomposity, so he has to include bands like ELP and Kansas to show that prog rock "isn't real rock maaaaaannnnnnn".

20. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Their mid-to-late '90s stuff is hilarious. After that they started taking themselves seriously, and that's where they failed.