Black Friday indeed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Samurai8472, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Nerdius Maximus

Nerdius Maximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm surprised that Wal-Mart even closed the store. The police probably made them do it, otherwise they would have just put some orange cones around the body and pretended like everything was okay. Now they'll be hassling employees about wanting to take off work for the funeral.

But yeah, anyone who complained...you know that scene in American History X where they guy gets his teeth broken on the curb? That's what those people deserve.

Things like this won't change anything, though. People think they're really cute stampeding into the stores the day after thanksgiving like a bunch of neanderthals. They smile and laugh about it on the news, then its back to the anchors, chuckling it up and moving on to the next story.

2. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

it's already there.

3. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope the cops find each and every one of these dumbasses and throw them in jail. Not only did they kill a man, they bitched when the store closed because of it! :mad: They're a bunch of stupid, clumsy, murdering, mindless sheep, the lot of them. It's bad enough that their lives are so pathetically empty that they have to line up at ungodly hours of the morning just to save a few measly bucks. Now they've got blood on their hands as well. This is what our society has come to? :(

5. MIB

MIB Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. hmph. And people look at me like I'm insane when I say the species could use a good culling.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a newfound respect for Wal-Mart employees now.

And in the inevitable 'ripped from the headlines' Law & Order episode, I hope they get to do some trampling of their own.

7. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So sad, yet so true how predictable hollywood is.

8. RobertVA

RobertVA Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Before rushing to judge:

Imagine you've been waiting at the door for hours to get into a store.

There's hundreds of people behind you that have be patiently waiting with you, but suddenly start pushing you tight against the door when a store employee comes to unlock the door.

Are you going to lay down and get trampled with the store employee? What if your only choices are to lay on the floor and get trampled or make a run for the interior of the store?

The blame isn't limited to the people with the footprints on the guy's back. The people behind them that physically forced that terrible choice upon them are much more guilty.

And yes, the people near the door should have realized they would have been forced into that position and gone home before the crowd got out of control.

The store and senior corporate officials deserve a big expensive civil suit slap for creating a reputation for the the very limited quantities of the discounted goods that makes customers so rushed to get into the store. A few corporate executives serving prison time for manslaughter also sounds appropriate.