News Bill and Ted Face the Music Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, May 8, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're not thinking of Hugo Weaving, are you? Because I looked her up and he's not her father.
    Oh.......:scream:

Turtletrekker likes this.
  2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I don't think I've ever seen him. But he's not a director I know by name, only by association with his famous brother. ;)

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So she is Hugo Weaving niece then?

4. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

No, camp doesn't involve scorn. Camp involve exaggerated thematic or genre elements. Usually written with humor. Scorn or looking down is not in the equation!

Your "clarification" is incorrect.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Carrigan also played Victor Zsasz in Gotham.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We've got some more casting news.
    Turns out they are recasting the princesses again, this time Glee's Jayma Mays will be playing Ted's wife, Princess Joanna, and Children's Hospital's Erinn Hayes is playing Bill's wife, Princess Elizabeth.
    Amy Stotch and Hal Landon Jr. will also be reprising their roles as Bill's "mom" and Ted's father.

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Didn't Missy divorce Bill's dad and marry Ted's in the sequel?

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Who are respectively 17 and 7 years younger than the original actresses. Mays was 10 years old when the original film came out. The double standard continues -- actors get to age gracefully but older actresses get replaced by younger versions.

Maybe she went back?

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought Mays seemed pretty young for the part.

12. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree I'm boycotting this movie, it's totally unrealistic that someone who looks like keanu reeves would have a wife 7 years younger than him. The patriarchy is ruining this film!

Oh wait what's that?

Nobody has seen the original actresses since the first films

Oh ok

ED-209, mos6507 and Booji like this.
  13. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bill and Ted face the wheelchair will be their next project. Seriously, Hollywood? Pass.

14. Christopher

15. Infern0

???

Reeves is early 50s looks early 40s and is one of Hollywood's biggest action stars currently.

He's got a bit of life in him yet

mos6507 likes this.
  16. Infern0

Why does it matter?

They have cast recognizable actresses who cares how old they are, why is online fandom now the age gap relationship police?

I'm not even 30 and I find reeves very attractive and Alex winter isn't really my type but I would date him. It's not unrealistic.

Like jfc people can't anyone just enjoy a movie as a bit of entertainment anymore..

17. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

True, but the first Ted was, what 30 years ago? Give it time. He'll be 70 before the next one. Lol.

18. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Must be tough being outraged at the outrage. You could scroll past it.

Christopher was bringing up the double standard in Hollywood. It’s a fact what happens. And sometimes the only way to change double standards is to point them out.

No one is making you read his posts.

YLu and Turtletrekker like this.
  19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm more bothered by the fact that the actresses are way to young to be playing the characters we saw in the original movie than I am by the age difference between the actors.
    The first movie came out in 1989 and Jayma Mays was born in 1979, and Erinn Hayes was born in 1976. The characters were definitely much older than 10 and 13 in the original movie.
    The age differences between the couples is only about 10 years, so it's really not that bad compared to a lot of other movie, and even real life couples. Hell, Patrick Stewart is 38 years older than his current wife, Sunny Ozell.

20. Christopher

Yes, that's exactly the point. It's ridiculous to cast such young actresses for characters who should be in at least their late 40s by now.

It's like the Gilligan's Island revival movies from 1978-81. When Tina Louise declined to come back as Ginger, they replaced her in the first two movies with Judith Baldwin, who was 12 years younger than Louise and had been 18 when the original show began, and in the third movie with Constance Forslund, who was 4 years younger than Baldwin. It just made no sense that someone who'd supposedly been stranded on the island 18 years earlier as an adult looked barely over 30. It would've made more sense to recast the role with a contemporary of Tina Louise -- say, maybe Deanna Lund, who was only 3 years younger, was also a redhead, and had played a similar character in Land of the Giants. But no, in Hollywood, sexy female characters have to be young, even when it makes no story sense.

It's similar to how The Wrath of Khan cast a bunch of 20-something models to play Khan's followers who'd been stranded as adults 15 years earlier. That made no sense at all, though at least it can't be blamed on sexism.