Best lines in "Beyond" (Obviously avoid thread if you haven't seen it yet)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Franklin, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

I liked the bit when the alien byotch that screwed them over got crushed by the saucer section. Actually preferred her as a villain to Krall.

The bit where she thinks she got the upper hand on Kirk and asked him something to the effect "Do you always fall for a good sob story?" and he just kind of smirks at her and says "No" was one of my favorite stand out scenes.

2. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"So, tell me, Spock, what's your favorite color?"

"I don't see how that --- AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

3. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

McCoy asks Spock if Vulcans' hearts are in the same place as a human's liver and says "That explains a lot." :lol:

I was really impressed with the dialogue in this one specially with how odd a lot of it was in '09 and ID to me. Just the way certain things were phrased seemed unnatural, especially Spock, whereas everything said in this one just seemed to *work*

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Kevin! Still not wearing pants?"

I didn't catch this line until the third viewing, this time in IMAX, which made certain lines more audible.

Malaika likes this.
  5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

"To absent friends."

6. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

(Spock about Spock Prime) "When you have lived as many lives as he, fear of death is illogical."
    Spock quoting Shakespeare "The miserable have no other medicine but only hope."

"Lieutenant Uhura wears a Vulcaya amulet which I presented to her as a token of my affection and respect."
    and subsequent jokes about it being radioactive and a tracking device by McCoy; Spock's face when he realizes the latter :lol:

Uhura : "Spock! What are you doing here?"
    Spock (after she saved him): "Clearly, I am here to rescue you."
    the look on his face as he realizes the irony of it all is priceless

when Scotty meets Jaylah and asks her if 'those guys' where her friends or something like that and she spits and he says 'I take it for a no', that made me laugh

when Uhura 'translates' Spock's techno babble about how do defeat Krall' ships to Kirk and she's like: 'He means if we get inside it we can kick its ass' some laughed at that