Belz...'s Galaxy Class!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Belz..., Nov 24, 2018.

1. Belz...

Belz... Commodore Commodore

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Phew! That was a long thing to do! I've been wanting to make a version of the Galaxy class for a while, but it wasn't easy to get the right idea. Anyway, here it is.

UPDATE: Look at post 4, where I've replaced this meh version with a much better one. I'm leaving this here for comparison, against my better judgment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need a break now. :P

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. Spaceship Jo

Spaceship Jo Commander Red Shirt

The Galaxy class with all the organic connections is a tough one to reimagine, as a great many of the variant attempts folks have tried over the years can attest. But this is fantastic. Clearly identifiable, with just a bit of streamlining. The neck looks a bit to forward leaning for my tastes, but it's a minor quibble. I absolutely love what you've done with the stardrive section and struts!

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love this redesign, especially the design of the nacelles and pylons. My only comment is one that I make about the Galaxy design in general-that saucer feels way to big.

But, as someone who has not really cared for the original Galaxy this one is very appealing to the eye.

4. Belz...

Belz... Commodore Commodore

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Ugh. I can't believe I posted those. Truly the only design I've posted so far that I'm really disappointed about.

Fortunately I had some more time to kill so I decided to have another go at it. This time, rather than reinvent the class, something I'm clearly at a loss how to do, I've decided on a refit of the Galaxy class; essentially trying to answer the question: what if they didn't destroy the 1701-D in Generations and instead made a new, more cinematic model for the next movie?

I've taken some inspiration from the Andromeda class from Star Trek Online, and went with that. I think the results are much better, now! Just imagine it with a pearlescent hull like the 1979 refit or the 2009 reboot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For now I haven't added the saucer windows on the top and bottom views. I'll do that later. Maybe.

Here's a simple drawing for the bridge (overhead):
    [​IMG]

You can see and download the full-sized versions on my Deviantart page here:

https://www.deviantart.com/argumemnon/gallery/

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    tax1234 and Rekkert like this.
  5. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

Nice! I like the new exterior very much, as well as the bridge. Do I see some Ryan Dening inspiration in there? :)

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome! :D

7. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

This fits your drawing style. Curvy.