Spoilers Batwoman - Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Not sure if serious.

BillJ likes this.
  2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not the one googling if Meagan Tandy is gay.

3. Nerys Myk

They want a LBGTQ actor to play a LBGTQ character. And the problem is?????

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they were googling it they'd have the answer. So clearly they're not :shrug:

5. Mr. Adventure

Well, it seems it would be a problem if she's not, no? That's what I'm saying, now it can be a scandal if the actress isn't gay.

Trust me they googled and couldn't find the answer.

6. Nerys Myk

Gay for pay seems to be dying out. Joining blackface in the past.

BillJ likes this.
  7. Nerys Myk

Nope. Never googled is Meagan Tandy gay. I did google to find out her name.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I looked on Wikipedia and IMDb, neither of which has any discussion of her personal life.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

A friend of mine always grimaces about Will and Grace, because Eric McCormack is straight.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

What scandal?

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Now, if you want to see people lose their shit completely, they should've hired the actor they hired and just had her been Kate Kane. @DigificWriter would then be complaining why they didn't make the character someone other than Kate Kane.

12. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope.

I also want to make it clear that my opinion differs slightly from others in the "Kate Kane is Batwoman" camp in that I object to the process behind the decision to remove Kate from her own series rather than the decision itself conceptually.

IOW, I object to the decision and have no interest in supporting it because it isn't being built up to but is just happening narratively arbitrarily and with Kate's Season 1 story unfinished.

BTW, I didn't like the decision by Sony to strike their original deal with Marvel Studios and abandon the Amazing Spider-Man film series for the same basic reason, so this is not a new position for me to take.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  13. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Will you concede that the benefit of a new character means it is possible Ruby Rose may return again as Kate Kane?

Also with the sudden pandemic shutdown of production and delayed start of season two and it’s premiere airing , it’s going to be very difficult to pickup the story right after season 1 ended.

Probably best to have a time jump where events have changed off camera. With the missing events slowly revealed in time.

14. Mr. Adventure

^ That kind of time jump would be hard to pull off but could be interesting if done well. There might be an issue doing a time jump with the inevitable crossover. It's harder in a shared universe to have one series do a time jump.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Oh, chronological inconsistency has never stopped them before. This came up just last season with Batwoman -- her first 3-4 episodes took place before Elseworlds last year, so there had to be a major time jump of close to a year sometime between those episodes and Crisis. And there have been similar inconsistencies with, say, Flash telling a pretty continuous story with only hours or days between consecutive episodes while Arrow jumped forward months, or the like. Arrowverse chronology would give the Clock King an aneurysm.

16. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Ovation likes this.
  17. Dick Whitman

Exactly.

Plus all of various Arrowverse shows ended at different points story wise. Pending on where they were in production. Also The Flash decided to hold back a completed episode because they felt it would be awkward break to end a season. An episode with now fired Hartley Sawyer. Unknown if they still plan to air it as next season’s premiere.

Due to Melissa Benoist’s Pregnancy Supergirl will not be returning yet in January either. Might be wrong to assume all the different shows will pickup “the next day” when they will be off the air for 7 months or even longer when all had abrupt unplanned cliffhangers.

A vague undetermined off camera period where events dramatically paused or rest for a while maybe a good way to sink up the different shows time wise again. More importantly to allow audiences to jump back into the stories with a focus on what is going on. Some of those unplanned finales were so limp I am forgetting what happened already.

18. Mr. Adventure

It'd be pretty wild to just open in media res with the new Batwoman in place. Imagine if you watch the show but hadn't caught wind of Ruby Rose leaving.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  19. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Kate will show up as Renee Montoya's girlfriend on that new Gotham Central show...

Ovation likes this.
  20. Dick Whitman

That is good example of going too far mid story. Helps me be more specific of what I mean - Kate’s disappearance and absence would already have already happened. We and other characters would be introduced to new Batwoman at same time though.

this would allow flashbacks if Ruby Rose ever returns for guest appearances.