Spoilers Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, Mar 17, 2016.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

4.5%
  2. A

10.4%
  3. A-

10.4%
  4. B+

14.4%
  5. B

11.7%
  6. B-

5.9%
  7. C+

7.7%
  8. C

10.4%
  9. C-

6.3%
  10. D+

6.8%
  11. D

5.0%
  12. D-

3.6%
  13. F

3.2%
  1. dodge

dodge Commodore Commodore

All this talk about this "horrible" movie is making me wanna rewatch it again... :p

BeatleJWOL and Ovation like this.
  2. Ovation

Ovation Vice Admiral Admiral

I've got some time tomorrow. Think I'll give it a whirl (haven't watched it on my new projector, so I even have a good reason). :techman:

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For a supposedly "horrible" movie, this sure hs a lot of votes rating it above-average. I wonder what Tosk and the people who wasted their time "creating" the Golden Raspberry Awards would say to that.

4. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't have an opinion one way or the other. I'm not even sure what connection you're trying to draw.

5. DigificWriter

^ I mistook you for Corporal Captain, and I apologize.

Tosk likes this.
  6. LJones41

LJones41 Captain Captain

Did my comment bother you?

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

Who, me?

A lot of votes where? Here at TrekBBS? Hardly. The number of respondents here doesn't constitute "a lot" by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyhoo, I haven't seen anyone say that you can't like the film, and the Golden Raspberry ceremony next month won't stop the world from turning, whatever its results. I wouldn't worry what they think.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, seriously!

(Except I'm intermittently in the process of watching some replacement discs for another product to make sure they're ok and for some reason I feel like I need to get that done before watching anything else.)

9. dodge

dodge Commodore Commodore

The last time I watched it I was kinda swamped with stuff, so instead of waiting till a gap of 3 hours opened up I watched it over the course of a week as a sort of mini series of six 30 minute episodes.

It actually works pretty well like that too, though as I recall chapter times don't align perfectly with where I thought the breaks should be.

I've got 3 hours tonight however, so I guess that's my evening booked :D

10. LJones41

LJones41 Captain Captain

While we're at it, why not nominate "Deadpool" or "Captain America: Civil War"?

11. The Lensman

The Lensman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Deadpool was alright, but Civil War was duller than shit. Best part of the movie was when the lights in the theater came back on.

Kitty Worrier likes this.
  12. Dimesdan

Dimesdan Living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Neither was a "bad" movie (by any stretch of the imagination and they're well liked) nor was Batman Vs Superman, but it's not particularly liked which equals the same thing sometimes.

13. LJones41

LJones41 Captain Captain

So these awards are not about whether one movie is really good or one is really bad. It's all about preference, which makes the whole awards scene irrelevant. I don't see how I'm supposed to view the Golden Razzies as an "accurate" take on the quality of "Batman v. Superman" or any other film it has nominated, along with the Golden Globes, the Oscars, the BAFTAs, the SAG Awards, the DG awards, the National Board of Review, etc. All of these are nothing more than popularity contests.

And considering that the "Transformers" films have been box office hits since the first one in the franchise, I guess I don't have to blindly accept the views of the general public on which films are actually good and which ones are not. Nor do I have to blindly accept the views of the media, as well.

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Dude, chill. Liking a crappy superhero movie and refusing to be brainwashed by the Razzie Elder Gods does not make you modern-day Thomas Paine.

The Razzies are a joke by definition. Some people like the joke, others don't, and that's okay. It's all okay. We're all going to be okay.

(Well, until President Obama leaves office, that is, but that's another story. :p)

15. DigificWriter

A joke, by definition, is something that is funny. Demeaning the hard work of numerous people (which is exactly what the Razzies do) is not funny by any stretch of the imagination, and no amount of saying "well, it's a joke" is going to change that.

16. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, but news just came in from the Supreme Ultimate Grand Court of Jokes and Humor that they will not take up the case of DigificWriter v. Razzie Elder Gods. Better luck next time.

Sci and Captaindemotion like this.
  17. crookeddy

crookeddy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That Hillary Clinton movie that supposedly showed that the democratic party is pushing to bring back slavery will probably sweep the razzies anyway.

18. BaronNumNums

BaronNumNums Ensign Red Shirt

No but seriously, it's a terrible movie and yet there's no reason why some people can't make fun of it while some people can still enjoy it.

Sci, Wyse and Turtletrekker like this.
  19. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Admiral Admiral

When are opinions about whether a movie is good or bad anything else except preference, and likewise for any piece of literature? Welcome to the world of literary criticism, or in other words the day after the first piece of literature in human history, some time before 335 BCE.

BaronNumNums and Turtletrekker like this.
  20. Garak

Garak Salty Dog Premium Member

Eh, it's no masterpiece but I was without a doubt entertained.