Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Iron Man is coming to Agents of SHIELD! Ok, probably not.

Maybe something about Spider-Man?

2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought they announced a new trailer for AoS next week?

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't rule it out. He's said before he's not opposed to showing up IIRC.

4. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

I would think that Marvel itself would be the one handling announcements about the new MCU Spider-Man.

5. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the plus side of the new poster, it looks like Tasha may finally be getting her Widow's Bite. It's about damned time. She should have had it in the first Avengers movie.

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

... you mean the bracelets that she had and used in both The Avengers and The Winter Soldier?

7. Duncan MacLeod

No. I'm not referring to the contact-only stunner she used in those movies. The Widow's Bite has a range of 90 feet according to The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

I can understand her relying on pistols for ranged firepower at first, but I think that by now, Stark should have provided her with something a little more advanced. And powerful.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mark Ruffalo has posted a Hulk AoU poster.
    So I wonder if we'll be seeing the other cast member's releasing their posters, rather than Marvel?
    As for RDJ's announcement, I'm assuming it'll be something Iron Man related since he's the one making it.

9. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We don't know that he is making the announcement - I got the impression that it was a Marvel announcement that he was hinting at.

10. Timby

You mean the book that came out like 30 years ago and has nothing to do with the movies?

11. Duncan MacLeod

That, the updates to it that have come out since, and the original source material which has shown the character using the weapon practically since her debut 50 years ago.

The movies threw out almost every piece of equipment she carried and left her with nothing but a catsuit. I'd like to see her get her gear back.

Why do you have a problem with that?

12. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bet it'll be the last character poster and it'll be Black Panther, who will probably make his first appearance in Ultron.

Or maybe I'm wrong. :lol:

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I doubt RDJ, or any other cast/crew member, is kept up to date about ALL things concerning the MCU. Only stuff that involves them directly.
    It's not as if Kevin Feige comes home after a long day of contract negotiations, calles RDJ and says: Yo Robby, check this shizzle, we just signed effing Cumberbatch for Dr Strange.

So yea, anything he knows about 8 days in advance, has to do with stuff he's directly involved with.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

16. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It's not like Feige is the only person privy to information, though. I'm sure plenty of things leak to RDJ through the grapevine.

17. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

It's likely Andy Serkis is playing Klaw who debuted in the same story as Black Panther so there will probably be some sort of hint of things to come.

It's interesting that Klaw is a villain who despite his past with the Panther is usually associated with the Fantastic Four, although Black Panther himself is associated often with the Avengers (although he too debuted in FF). I wonder if FOX only has the rights to Mole Man, Doctor Doom & Galactus when it comes to FF villains, since those are the most iconic ones.

18. Timby

Because movies are not direct adaptations of the comics. They certainly draw from them, but there is no requirement that they are 1:1 reflections of the comics. They are no different than, say, the Ultimate universe. And complaints about deviations are criticizing a film for what it isn't, rather than for what it is.

I genuinely dislike The Avengers, but whether or not Black Widow's kit is true to the source material is not one of the reasons.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Just because it isn't a 1 to 1 translation doesn't mean that it isn't nice when something is borrowed from the comics. That was all the original comic was - that it seemed nice that she had them (although I don't really know if she does).

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo[/yt]